Rock School Channel 4

Colin Brett

Anybody been watching Rock School on Channel 4?

I've managed to see a few episodes including the last 2.

I have really enjoyed them.

Great Rock Star, Great Kids and Great Television! IMHO

Colin :lol::D

I watched them all and really enjoyed them too. The only thing that slightly disturbed me was Gene Simmons' obvious pride at turning his band into a huge multinational business enterprise, whose marketing of "Kiss branded everything" (including condoms!) was given equal importance to the music (not that I've ever been a great Kiss fan).

It was great to see the kids loosening up and trying different musical styles to the ones they were used to. They also learned a lot about accepting others who are a bit "different" like Josh, the tone-deaf lead singer, who seemed to really benefit from being accepted for what he was instead of being treated as a "weirdo".

I enjoyed the Gene Simmons episodes.....a man with a dry sense of humour. Watching a bunch of choristers finding a way to have fun with an alternative music was fascinating.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Yeah it was really good. Was never really into Kiss, even in their heyday. The music was sometimes not too bad, but as was mentioned earlier, the merchandising seemed to take priority. I think Gene Simmons mentioned the other night that if anyone wanted to buy the Kiss business, without the band, the price would be about one billion. Did I hear him right? Was not too sure if I misheard........

Guest Finepix

You heard right. Without the band, the music rights, the back catalogue etc... the business alone was worth 1 Billion Dollars .............. nearly as scary as the band :o

Perhaps an exceptional message about marketing!!

1 Billion!! Wow!!

Agree with Gerry re. the dry sense of humour.

I liked the way even the Head mistress got into the swing of things.

Also the amazing amount of musical talent those kids have, especially Dudley [Dudders]. I get the feeling if you just put any instrument in front of him he would be able to play it.

What a great future in music he must have awaiting him.

More of the same please Channel 4.

Colin

Thanks Finepix for the answer. I knew you could get almost anything Kiss related, but when I thought about what I'd heard, it seemed staggering. I think they also put Gene Simmons personal worth at 150 million............