Help With Grayling

five bellies

Would any of you kind soles be able to put me on to some day ticket grayling fishing in The south east. have yet to catch one would forfill an ambition.

Thanks in advance fivebellies :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Easy, Timsbury Manor, look at the post thats doing the rounds at the moment.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Easy, Timsbury Manor, look at the post thats doing the rounds at the moment.

Thanks Tony next stupid question.

Where is it?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Thanks Tony next stupid question.

Where is it?

It's in Hampshire a Multimap "how to get there" link is on the thread as well, you can fly fish as well as bait fish for the Grayling.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The Lower Itchen fishery is a good place. It is just outside Southampton airport. I am going to try and organise a fish-in there, just waiting for them to get back to me, so keep an eye out on the coarse forum for details. Not cheap at around £20 for the day but a great chance of a 3lb Grayling, and lots of 2's about the place.

Paul

The Lower Itchen fishery is a good place. It is just outside Southampton airport. I am going to try and organise a fish-in there, just waiting for them to get back to me, so keep an eye out on the coarse forum for details. Not cheap at around £20 for the day but a great chance of a 3lb Grayling, and lots of 2's about the place.

I asked at the lower Itchen Fishery last year whether I could flyfish for the grayling. They said 'no' on the basis that I might catch an out of season trout. A bit dumb really when most of the out of season trout are caught on maggots. So check first. I did ask the same question at Timsbury this year and its not a problem. Of the two I'd recommend Timsbury for a first grayling on fly, the carriers look custom built for tumbling a weighted nymph downstream and theres usually lots of small but obliging grayliing there.

Put me down for the Lower Itchen 'do' please Seph . :rolleyes:

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Put me down for the Lower Itchen 'do' please Seph . :rolleyes:

Have emailed them Gerry, if I hear nothing in the next day or two I will phone them. It will probably be mid to end Feb going on last year, as we could possibly have the fishery to ourselves again. When I hear something or have something more concrete I will post it on the main coarse forum. You will be first on the list Gerry.

Paul

Have emailed them Gerry, if I hear nothing in the next day or two I will phone them. It will probably be mid to end Feb going on last year, as we could possibly have the fishery to ourselves again. When I hear something or have something more concrete I will post it on the main coarse forum. You will be first on the list Gerry.

Thanks Seph. Their website seems to be up and running again. Its a bit up and down.. mostly down.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'