large pond in garden

cannibalspinners

400 gallons was a very rough guess , it,s about 8 ft x 7 ft , its a straight drop from the side down to 30 inches , it is over 36 inches in the centre.

so i did not calculate anything as i would not know where to start , it seems a lot of water to me , i really wanted about 20 fish or so , i will try dobies garden centre , thanks for you feedback , phil.

is there a formula for measuring water quantity in a pond with several different measurements

:clap3: My garden pond is 6 x 8 x 2 feet and I have it as a wild pond. There are 3 types of newt, frogs, dragon flies, damsel flies, water snails and various insects, far more interesting than fish which a heron took soon after I had it dug. Most of the wild life arrived naturally but I did help with some spawn as we aren't near any natural ponds or streams but toads seem to have avoided it, probably because they are fussy and return to where they were born. :-(