Confirming Components In A New Pc

Lid

I and just about to order a fairly expensive, custom built, super-quiet, high spec PC. It's from a small supplier, although he has been mentioned favourably on this site before now.

How can I check all the hardware components are as we agreed? Do I have to open the case and physically inspect each part, or can I run some kind of 3rd party system scan to check it all?

All ideas and suggestions gratefully excepted. Thanks.

Hi lid, there should be no need to strip your computer to check whats installed.

All the installed component instruction should be in the box/packaging when you get it.

Motherboard make and instructions, same with graphics card, hard disk, sound card etc.

When you first "fire" you computer up, everything will instal.

Then you can check whats installed in your system by...clicking on...START....then CONTROL PANEL...

then double click on SYSTEM...then click on HARDWARE button...then DEVICE MANAGER...

There you will see a list of devices installed on your system, open each one by clicking on the + in the little box, that will show you what is installed...DONT Alter anything AND DONT Delete anything.

Just make a note of whats installed and check with what you asked for.

There is some software that can check this out for you, just load it up and it does a full sytem check, then just print it out...but Ive forgotten what its called, somebody will come on here and tell you what its called..hoppy

somebodys just posted a link to the last part of my answer

Edited by hoppy

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

you can do the above or this can find some things out click start then run then type dxdiag

also cpuz is a good program to find out some things i used to use it when i did overclocking and most overclockers do you can get it from here http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/CpuZ...nload-6980.html

Thanks for the replies folks. I know about the device manager, but is this always 100% reliable. I've seen on some of our work PC's completely wrong information about hardware in system properties. (I can't remember the specifics right now).