How Low Will Antis Go

didi

I realise this is a very emotive subject, but public "naming and shaming" will inevitably result in the wrong people being targeted by people who know no better. Don't you remember the paediatrician's house that was attacked by people too whipped-up by the media (and stupid) to know the difference between "paediatrician" and "paedophile"?

I remember it. You can read about it here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm

If I remember there was a similar case in Portsmouth where a paediatrician's house was torched by some lame brain.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it not occurred to you that these people may be taking photos of hunters' children not because they are paedophiles, but because they want you to think that, if they know who your children are, you can be intimidated by an implied threat against them?

Or do you already realise that, but are determined to show that two wrongs *do* make a right by threatening real, rather than implied violence against them?

Show your evidence to the police - all that you are achieving at the moment is confirming that hunters are as bad as the antis, which I'm sure is not what you want.

Has it not occurred to you that these people may be taking photos of hunters' children not because they are paedophiles, but because they want you to think that, if they know who your children are, you can be intimidated by an implied threat against them?

Or do you already realise that, but are determined to show that two wrongs *do* make a right by threatening real, rather than implied violence against them?

Show your evidence to the police - all that you are achieving at the moment is confirming that hunters are as bad as the antis, which I'm sure is not what you want.

read some of the comments davy you will see mixed comments, but you wont see didi making a comment on there, read the comments if you let these antis walk all over you , it will be shooting next, then fishing.

:angry:

read some of the comments davy you will see mixed comments, but you wont see didi making a comment on there, read the comments if you let these antis walk all over you , it will be shooting next, then fishing.

:angry:

So I'm wrong in assuming that you condone the incitement of violence against antis because they use threatening or unpleasant tactics against hunters?

I'm in no doubt at all that the antis will turn their full attention towards fishing before long. It's started already. But I'd like to think that the mods on this site would not tolerate the sort of behaviour that you've seen fit to show us existing on hunting forums.

You'll have to forgive me if I have jumped to the conclusion that you are offering up this same behaviour as an example to be followed by anglers.

So I'm wrong in assuming that you condone the incitement of violence against antis because they use threatening or unpleasant tactics against hunters?

I'm in no doubt at all that the antis will turn their full attention towards fishing before long. It's started already. But I'd like to think that the mods on this site would not tolerate the sort of behaviour that you've seen fit to show us existing on hunting forums.

You'll have to forgive me if I have jumped to the conclusion that you are offering up this same behaviour as an example to be followed by anglers.

i am an angler ive been fishing for over twenty years aswell as hunting, i dont like antis full stop

:angry: that website is not mine the headline is( how low will antis go) and i think if you read them post you will see, like i said before i have my beleifs you have yours simple as that, and if i caught an anti following me or taking pictures of my kids, i would be violent towards that person, right or wrong thats me sorry if you dont like my veiws but they are my veiws not yours davey :D

You are of course entitled to your views (however illegal they may be if put into practice). I also have no time for antis, but if it comes to a standoff with them, there are only 2 choices of action:

1) Behave with dignity and restraint (preferably with the media present), which will ensure that anglers get both police support and public sympathy

2) React with violence and lose both of these things. Once anglers show themselves to be "just as bad as the antis", as the lunatic fringe (not the majority) of hunt supporters seem to be doing, the battle has been lost

As we're obviously getting nowhere with this "debate", shall we agree to leave it up to the members of this forum to decide which course of action seems most likely to succeed?

I am with you on this one; reacting in the way Didi has pointed out is exactly how the antis want us to behave.

I am surprised that the Hunting Fraternity can not see that they are being wound up.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.