Orvis. Thats What You Call 'service'

argyll

The subject of the high cost of fly rods seems to come up frequently, so how about this for service and a reason for paying a bit extra.. Some time back I broke the tip of my Orvis 4 piece four weight bought 14 years ago for what was then, a lot of money. I kept meaning to return the rod to Orvis for repair or a replacement tip and never got around to it until we all went to Timsbury last Saturday and I dropped the rod off at the Orvis shop in Stockbridge. This morning I took delivery of a brand new replacement Orvis mid flex 4 weight, making me a very happy and impressed bunny. No delivery or admin charges, no fuss, no bother. Well done Orvis.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• 2 weeks later...

They do make very nice rods and I wonder if the reason we break them is because of this - they may be a tad too 'fine'.

But as long as mssrs Orvis keep changing them we'll keep getting new rods for free!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.