Pretty Pretty Paul Young

Casey

Just because they're fishing programs doesn't really make them immune to criticism does it?

Just like every other part of television some are better than others and the poorer ones should be weeded out. After all Discovery are commissioning these programs, it's hardly like there are never going to be any other choices so we have to make the best of what we're given. I expect there are dozens of better presenters out there waiting for the opportunity. Why do you think there are so many one series shows? The better ones make it and the less well received, or less good at the business of making the programs don't.

Tim

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way Budgie, over on the PnP forum you either get the mandatory 'Name knocking' or sickening sycophantism when Brownie posts. I'm all for open criticism if a named angler has said or done something questionable, however some people are obviously hell bent on picking holes in an angler, just because he's famous. I can't see any other explanation other than good old fashioned jealousy?

As for angling on TV? Most of it bores me rigid to be honest. Paul Young is no worse than some I guess, though, as Tim said, if he's not fly fishing he's a bit lost. Give me the old 'Out of Town' format, or 'Riverside Cottage' et al any day! Infinitely more entertaining than pure TV angling for me personally.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Agree totally with your comments re P&P Slodger.Thats why I no longer bother with it.

I remember when I first posted on it I veiwed some opinions which were out of step with general modern thinking and was absolutely roasted.............that was untill several of the "known" pikers said they knew me and agreed with my comments....it was unreal all the regular "piking police" that gave me such a hard time as a new poster couldnt get their tongues far enough up my back side! No time for that sort of thing in any walk of life.Like or dislike/agree with or disagree with some one fine but at least base it on some facts/experiences of your own!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!