A Morning In The Life Of A Commercial Fisherman

sam-cox

I didnt think you believed in global warming.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think you believed in global warming.

chesil beach! 1000s of sea fans have been found washed up dead (these ar protected under the the same act as red kites, horse shoe bats etc) the same article went on to show pictures of trawlers a short way out!

and hinted that this is the likely reason but no absolute solid proof just as yet!

ok calling trawler men a bunch of short sighted w**kers may of been a little bit of a generalisation :rolleyes: think i might of had a scotch in me that night! and for that i apologise!

im sure ther ar alot u you lads out ther that have a bit of a concience and dont just see pound signs!

but ther a hell of alot of you that dont give a monkeys!

spending alot of time diving in asia i can honestly say the sea is buzzing with life, never seeing one scrape one discarded net or the guilty trawler! yet a great deal of the populations diet consists of fish!

do you think maybe in our situation that we have found better and faster ways to harvest, cutting down fish stocks making trawler men more and more desperate to make a living, ther for mess ups like the sea fan on chesil happen! could this not be a viscious curcle that can only come to one conclusion?

There will come a point (hopefull) where a balance is found.

If the BMP is fully implemented and the commercial fleet continue to decreese to a substainable level we should see a recovery of stocks and angler should start catching better bass again.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!