Early Risers

Guest rabbit

What a rubbish day, felt ill, a horrible freezing fog has covered all around, and to top it all my 'football' team got beat again, seventh time on the trot. Times like these I normally head for the river, might do that but without my tackle!!!

Help, I need cheering up :(:(:(

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it helps you i fished next to a 7 year old today, i pulled out 3 pike, a 13lb, a 6lb and a 3lb. Felling rather smug i poured myself a coffe. After the coffee i just couldnt catch. And this 7 year old pulled out a 25lb!! I soon went home after being done over by a boy nearly 3/4 of my age.

The Clax Will Always Crack

Hi CC Well at least you caught :) Pretty impressed with your fishing partner exploits, from your calculations, (and while I'm on the age thing) that would make you about four and a halve, RESPECT :P

Life is too short to not go fishing due to the cold, better than being stuck inside watching the TV!

It was sooooo cold here today if I did go my life would have been shortened :)

I really was quite stunned when i see this tiny little boy hauling in a fish nearly the same size as him. I asked him what he caught it on and he replied 'dunno, just this fish that my dad gave me last week'

The Clax Will Always Crack

Help, I need cheering up :(:(:(

Try this - In about a month the days will start getting longer again :)

Or - half price turkeys on sale at Sainsbury's. Got me a 7.5k beaut for £12 B)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Or - half price turkeys on sale at Sainsbury's. Got me a 7.5k beaut for £12 B)

Maria (the better half asks:) Was it fresh or frozen. Was it alive or dead?

if it is any consolation, i was on the bank at 5am yesterday, -5 nursing the worst hangover ive had for months, stuck it out for an hour then reeled in my rods and went to sleep on the ice! woke up at 11, still freezing but less hungover. didnt get a run till 4pm and had 3 out in 10 mins, biggest was all of 6lb, was it worth it, for once i would say definitly not. The moral of the story, theres always someone worse off than you and dont fish in the winter after 1 hours kip, still mullered.

There, hope you feel better rabbit :).

Edited by zedhead