Wanted

M.P

I'm looking for a new digital camera, something with good zoom. Don't quite know where to start, and what to look out for, so looking for some professional advice.

I have already got a budget priced Fujifilm, FinePix 1300, which is 1.3 MEGA PIXELS, WITH f=5.8 lens and it has a sort of zoom in or out, but it's useless for long distance shots. Plus it doesn't take a real good photo. Example, if i take a picture say of a swan, the photo of the swan will be recognizable and pretty good for a snap shot, but there are no feathers, it's just a white mass. Hope you know what i mean.

I don't really want to be loaded up with loads of add on accessories, or a large handful of camera as i will be carrying it around in my fishing tackle box or pocket. Main subjects of interest are fish, boats and birds.

Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Try looking at the finepix S range the 9500,7000 and 5600 great value and very good camera's.

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/index.php

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Go here for good prices

http://www.dabs.com/homepage.aspx

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I have just bought a S7000 and it is the dogs mate, Ferret also has one. Both of us got ours second hand, mine is only 4 months old. We both payed around the £200 mark with a few extras.

Paul

Spent hours looking at all the camera options, one thing that surprised me is the prices, a lot cheaper then i thought. I was expecting to spend around £350-£400, but it looks like a half decent Jobie can be purchased for a lot less.

Only thing is, it seems like the best are the big ones, i need one to slip into my pocket and there the problem lays. So far, i can-not find one of the smaller slim jobs with all the gizmo's and spec of the bigger models.

Will have another read.

Only thing is, it seems like the best are the big ones, i need one to slip into my pocket and there the problem lays. So far, i can-not find one of the smaller slim jobs with all the gizmo's and spec of the bigger models.

Will have another read.

I think you are going to struggle there matey

Paul

Spent hours looking at all the camera options, one thing that surprised me is the prices, a lot cheaper then i thought. I was expecting to spend around £350-£400, but it looks like a half decent Jobie can be purchased for a lot less.

Will have another read.

Just bought a 5500 myself at PC World for £180. BUT Makro is doing a Fujifinepix Z1 zoom for £199.99.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

wait till after christmas they'l be giving them away ,have a look at the fuji refurbished link ,nothing wrong with my purchase and a great saving too .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson