A Good Cod Year?

A Norfolk Boy

Apparently ......... definately more showing this year and bigger too. Okay our fishing is not as good as some places but, 17lber (seen photo) taken today in a flat calm sea plus there's been another double and some good sized singles. Then think of the big ones taken from down south. If you want a big 'un in your lifetime, I'd say put in the hours this season.

If you want to see the pics, they are at leader lines on the message board, east anglia, 'cod at aldbourough'.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photograph is obviously a hoax. There are no fish that big in the sea anymore. Going back to the 1920's when I started fishing they where rare so its impossible that one that big has been caught at hopton.

Who's to say when it was caught?

Who's to say its a cod? It could have been a spray painted carp from Barford lakes.

I dont actually believe that that is really a beach. It looks like computer generated graphics to me.

Anybody that believes this fish is for real is a fool that has been taken in by a second rate hoax.

;)

There was a small boat match out from Felixstowe today. As conditions were perfect, there were quite a few boats out and you would have expected some good catches. However, I spoke to a few people I knew who were out on their boats today and they were struggling. A few whiting and pouting, small codling. Sounded pretty grim. Then I got an email with a pgoto of a 15lb Cod taken on one boat along with 40 Codling of around 4lb! Seems like the Cod are very patchy and localised. If you happen to be the lucky boat you'll catch, if not you will struggle.

Cod shoaling tightly sounds just like what happened on the Grand Banks before the Cod fishery collapsed. Those that caught fish towards the end said there were more Cod than ever before, while those that couldn't find them knew something was dreadfully wrong. The first people to realise things were bad were the inshore fishermen.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Can`t really say it is here neither. I think it was in the region of 176 anglers to return around 30/35 Cod over two days in the championships this year off The Needles :(:(

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Cod shoaling tightly sounds just like what happened on the Grand Banks before the Cod fishery collapsed. Those that caught fish towards the end said there were more Cod than ever before, while those that couldn't find them knew something was dreadfully wrong. The first people to realise things were bad were the inshore fishermen.

I've got to say Steve, this seems to be the pattern this year, right place, right time and you'll do well.

Thats exactly what I was thinking :(

flattie

I've got to say Steve, this seems to be the pattern this year, right place, right time and you'll do well.

er has it ever been any different?

Hello Peter

I was going to ring tonight but thought it was a bit late by the time I'd settled for the evening.

Today there were a lot of boats all fishing the same area, from what I gather. One boat had a very good day while the others all struggled. In the past when the small boats are all fishing the same area, and there are fish around, all the boats would have a good day with maybe one or two exceptions.

I've just this minute heard of one other boat which had a 17lb Cod and several to 7lb. He was fishing in the place that I told you I was thinking about going to if I'd entered the comp. Apparently he was the only one to go to that place, so maybe more fish would have been caught if more boats had followed him.

P.S, I've got my CAPS licence now.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

hello Steve

I Should have turned in hours ago.

The cod don't know if they are coming or going at the moment, last week we had a good showing of cod each day, a couple of days off because of the weather, to day there were just 3 fish.

I fish to live and live to fish.