Best Fish, Or Trip This Year?

Gillies

A bit of a patchy (or is that an apache) year for me. Not putting in anywhere near the amount of fishing time I would like due to work, being on call for work, kids, plus we are renovating a house we moved into in May. I suppose most of us would say we never get enough fishing time :rolleyes: .

As usual bass have been a main preoccupation and given the amount of times I was able to fish during summer and autumn, I guess I didn't do too bad with a fair few between 3 lb and the best at 6.5 lb.

Talking with my mate that I often fish with, we were struck with how many species we have caught, given that we (I) have been limited to shore fishing only and a small geographic area. They include: bass, flounder,mullet, silver eels, conger eel, bream, pout, poor cod, whiting, lsd, smooth hound, stingray, thornback ray, gurnard, mackeral and brill. Not always outstanding specimens of course :rolleyes: but its alll part of the interest for me.

Next year I hope to get a bit more time in and apart from bass, intend to try for some 'quality' smooth hound and stingray.

Finally, discovering AN this year has added an extra and very enjoyable dimension to fishing for me !

DON'T PANIC

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) I have to say my year has been poor because for two thirds of the time I have been either boat less or laying in some 'aquard' position refitting, reparing or painting something! :P However I do remember one day, three on board, we grabed a late morning session drifting the Stour for bass. We has 6 fish in the 4lb bracket, along with numerous smaller fish. It was memorable in that its been hard to get bass this size in the Stour let alone 6 in one session, but more so, it was an inpromptue trip, aranged at the last minute.

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2