Fisheries Debate In Parliament

Leon Roskilly

Altair case was mentioned. An MP actually submitted that as the offenders were made to pay c. 1M (gbp/E?) back (as part of the profits from crime rules), that should be considered as their penalty.

It was interesting also that certain members did not accept that black fish was the problem some recent cases have shown it to be.

I missed the earlier part of the debate, was there any mention of Inshore management and Angling interests? It was illuded to a number of times later in the debate, but nothing substantive.

watched it today a 4.30 til about 5.30 ish ,if you can call 12 mp's of various denominations a debate ,mr salmond had at least 5 minutes of his bit waffling on about anything but fishing and the rest "points" brought up ,i didnt see the conclusion as by the time i returned it had gone ,i can fortell though nothing any one says that isnt part of the government will fall on deaf ears the outcome no doupt is already been passed by unelected and self interested members of the EU ,WHATEVER the EU says will be obeyed by the UK (and as such Britain will come down hard on British infringements)and ignored by everyone else although the Spanish may actually own all the british quota's anyway and using their flags of convenience will probably as usual end up the winners :rolleyes:

the debates are just points scoring playing , opposition members pretending to try and change the governments wishes ,the government looking concerned to the camera's ignoring every word and carrying on as if there wasent a parliament as usual.

one chap came up with "facts" and figures proving the industry had dropped by 50% in the last 20 years whilst the government said it actually had risen :rolleyes:

only direct action will change things ,seeing as the fleet is tied up most of the time why dont they blockade southampton for a few weeks ,theres nothing like big business poking their mp puppets in the back to get things moving

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The full debate is now available online on Hansard

Link and quotes regarding Recreational Sea Angling at:

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/sacn/latest/index.php?view=455

TL - leon

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

hmmm it looks like all is happening (in a brief glance at the link) is putting up the minimum size (is it bearing on fishermen or anglers?) which may mean whatever you catch will have to be chucked back despite the billion £ we invest,i bet it makes even pout worth catching as i doupt there would be a minimum size for them <_<:D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Good to see that Ben Bradshaw still has anglers interests on his mind.

It was also nice to see Owen Patterson making some very positive comments about sea angling. So even if Mr Bradshaw doesn't deliver, we still have hope with Mr Patterson, who says he'd like to raise the MLS of ALL species!

Good news for everyone.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.