Fishing This Weekend?

nifty

Hi all,

I'm planning on going somewhere in Mid or west Wales this weekend, either Sat or Sunday. If anyone fancies a day out either Piking/Perch/coarse fishing or possibly a trip to the coast, shout up.

The forecast is good, so seems a shame to miss it ;)

I know it's short notice, and what with chrimbo around the corner, but you've got to be assertive and tell her that your not going to be dictated to :D

Got to go now.

"yes dear, i'll make you a nice cup of cocoa" " No I won't forget to switch the TV off", "Yes I have cleaned my teeth".................................... :mellow:

:( Oh if only!! Karate gradings , work , shopping ( thank god for the computers invention which has halfed the number of trips!).

Has the date for the Towyn get together been fixed yet - want to be first in with the Annual Leave!!

Ok Prowler 13

Not going fishing but taking her indoors out next week, should be fun :D:D . Shes taken up horse riding, flying and now is having a go at Kayaking. Does anyone else have a partner has mad as mine ????????

terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Cheers Bill,

I've decided to go here on Sunday,llangorse001.jpg

Fishing off this llangorse003.jpg

Hopefully catching some of these!pike002.jpg

Martin can't make it, Simons injured, so it looks like I've got the place to myself :D

Stuart.

Hi Mike,

Pity you can't make it this week but there'll be other days soon.

Hi Bill,

I'm going to take the flyrod and a light spinning rod, cos there's some big Perch in there as well that I fancy having a try for. I'm just trying to sort my box out with what I will or won't want and I know I'm going to leave something at home.

I'm afraid I've got that many Ideas floating around my head for things to try, that I'm confusing myself :huh:

Stuart.

Hi all,

Just got back and packed away after a lovely day out, despite not catching a lot :(

I got to the lake at 07-30 with dense fog covering all of the valley and visibility at 50m. I took my time setting up and talking to a couple of lads who were going out piking. They got me fired up with their tales of big Pike and Perch that they'd had in the past, on lures and fly. I set up the flyrod with a fast sinking line and a shortish 5lb leader with a small zonker type lure, size 6 in red and white to try for some perch, and a light spinning rod with braided line and a wire trace to fish a mepps/ondex etc.

I started paddling out and within a minute had lost site of any bank, so just kept on going for 10 minutes, listening to all the voices of other anglers out there somewhere :huh: and looking for any boats in the fog.

First thing I tried was the flyrod, thinking i'd just drift about and wait for it to clear and then I'd know where to head for. After half an hour I had a solid thump on the fly that left me with no fly on the end, so probably not a Perch. I put a heavier 10lb leader on and another small lure, trying to get the best of both worlds, not wanting to use a wire trace on such small lures for Perch but giving me a bit of leeway if another pike had a go. Another hour of that produced nothing and so I started chucking a few spinners about which again caught nowt :(

It was about 10-30 before the fog started to clear very slowly and the church, which stands on the side of the lake, began to appear a bit spookily out of the murk.

Anyway, I gave all the deep water in the middle of the lake a good going over all day with both outfits and the only fish I had was a small Pike on the spinning rod at about 1o/clock. I fished on till 3-30 in glorious warm winter sunshine and it was just nice to be out there, fish or not :)

Heading out, but where?

pike007.jpg

Position A

pike009.jpg

The only fish of the day.

pike010.jpg

The currant bun coming over the church.

pike011.jpg

nifty :)

Nice report Nifty, really wanted to get out yesterday, but am down with some sort of lurgy, it's into it's third week and not letting go, sadly not bad enough to stop me working though.

Good to see you managing another nice Pike, looking forward to the new year and hopefully a trip to the lake with you and the gang.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com