India Update

Ken L

Awesome stuff Ken.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah happy days eh? Good on ya for posting the piccies of our most memorable trip! Did'nt take you long to get 'em up for the world to see, I had a feeling you might be straight on here Ken!

Hey, You better get posting some of the pics with you mugging behind a dirty great fish them mate.

Seriously though, you obviously managed to make it back to Mumbai from Agra and Varanassi in time for your flight. Bet it was a rush though.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hello matey,

Yep, just made it back from Varanasi in time for the flight, only 3 hours to spare, real skin of the teeth stuff! Got home and got the squits real bad thanks to a couple of dodgy Thalis on the train! Also got some dodgy asian cold - proper streaming! Glad it happened when home and not while out there though! Varanasi was bonkers and left Scott there all on his own!!! He was booking the trip to Andamans as I left....He should be well on his way by now.

Am slowly getting the piccies sorted - will try to work out how to post em and should have my happy grin all over here fairly soon showing off some of those brutes we did battle with. Will get those others over to you real soon too. Any tips on posting the images?

Hello matey,

Yep, just made it back from Varanasi in time for the flight, only 3 hours to spare, real skin of the teeth stuff! Got home and got the squits real bad thanks to a couple of dodgy Thalis on the train! Also got some dodgy asian cold - proper streaming! Glad it happened when home and not while out there though! Varanasi was bonkers and left Scott there all on his own!!! He was booking the trip to Andamans as I left....He should be well on his way by now.

Am slowly getting the piccies sorted - will try to work out how to post em and should have my happy grin all over here fairly soon showing off some of those brutes we did battle with. Will get those others over to you real soon too. Any tips on posting the images?

dodgy asian cold ??

you not been near any chickens ave you ?? :blink:

. Any tips on posting the images?

http://www.photobucket.com/ and sign up for their free account.

Upload the pictures you like to your photobucket space. When you do you will be presented with the picture and below that, three links in different styles.

Use the one that has at the beginning. Just copy the link and paste it into a post here and your picture will be displayed.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I just reduce the size of the image and then upload it directly to the site but I'm sure Newts method works perfectly well with him being the techie wizard and all that.

Scott e-mailed me the other day. I think he said he was flying out tomorrow.

I suspect he's going to get his string well and truely pulled in the Andermans......

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken - the big advantages of using a picture hosting service like photobucket is that you can use the same pictures in a number of places (other web pages, many forums that allow direct linking, etc.) where a picture hosted directly here is only every going to be available here.

For many folks, that doesn't matter but since you can have quite a few pics in a photobucket account without needing to upgrade to a paid version, it gives you more flexibility.

Ziggy, rest assured I stayed away from any chickens, alive or dead! No bird flu for me! I put it down to climatic shock of returning to this god forsaken, freezing corner of the world!!!

Newt - thanks for the advice regarding posting of images.....I'll have a look at that and see if I can get my ugly mug uploaded with a few of our indian monsters!

Ken - Scott tried to find a boat to take him down the Ganges to Calcutta, he got laughed at by many of the locals who said he would get done by pirates or eaten by crocs!! Sounds like the flight is a much safer bet.....I look forward to hearing the results of his exploits!

Here is one that Ken posted a while back but he didn't make it clear if the picture is him or a fish.

113-1339_IMG.JPG