Elephant Rock (angus Coast)

arthurcodsbody

Me and a mate fished the HW at Elephant Rock which sits between Usan and Lunan Bay plenty of action with the tips rattling every cast, Missed quite a lot so we both started putting much smaller baits on to try and maximise the amount of hook point showing, first cast with a smaller bait on got me into a decentish coalie, the bites kept coming but we soon started to run out of water and the snags were becoming more frequent on what is some serious rough ground. Anyway packed up about 1930ish and found a note from the wife 'gone out..sort your own tea!' so a six pack and a chinky duly bought a cod would have made it the perfect night!...lets see what tomorrow brings (probably a divorce!)

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Nice to see someone actually out fishing! When my arm is mended I'll have a go too! Hopefully not too long.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Keep trying Matt. Buy the missus a bunch of flowers now and then.

Will do mike out again tonight so the wife has got a face on but I'll take her out for lunch and sweet talk her!! My mate has had to pull out tonight so probably a change of venue looks likely to somewhere a bit safer for lone fishing at night. But we'll see what happens anyway, will let you all know.

Matt

Riverside Tackle SAC

Im planning a wee sesh either tomorrow or the day after with the hope that my throat infection has cleared up by then will be around the angus area for sure. Maybe see you their.

Doubt it mate thats me back offshore for a fortnight, just got back from ballies very slow session with one small codling, havent had the weather for ballies but was running late so had to pick a mark quick to access. Anyway hopefully the new year will bring some fish my way!

Matt

Riverside Tackle SAC

Will do mike out again tonight so the wife has got a face on but I'll take her out for lunch and sweet talk her!! My mate has had to pull out tonight so probably a change of venue looks likely to somewhere a bit safer for lone fishing at night. But we'll see what happens anyway, will let you all know.

Matt

I suppose it doesn't help with you having the body of a Cod.

Edited by maidstonemike

Popped upto cellardyke was flat calm, gin clear not ideal but I thought id give it a bash!

Fishes from 1.30 - 6.15 fished the flooding tide.

Clambered over all the reefs and got down to the waters edge, to my surprise dere was the slightest of swells.. result!! First cast nothing, second i noticed a wee titty bite then the nemi + slammed over in the stand, so i grabbed the rod felt for a bite nothing.... 5 mins later i lifted into a fish that went mental, a wrasse hit the rocks a few minutes later a fish around 2.5lb, nicely lip hooked, slipped it back!

No bites, then briskly darkness came down the rod was suddenly alive, loadsa wee bites nothing big had a few tiny wee coalies taking the 2/0 pennel straight down!! Changed baits from the usal crab mussel, crab razor to a healthy chunk of spider crab. The rod slammed straight over 5 minutes into the cast lifted into a nice fish straight away that was careering across all the reefs making life difficult. but i eventually dragged a bright red lean cod ashore around the 7lb mark. Was released straight away.

A few hours later well into darkness i packed up and went home.

Final tally : 4 cod from 4lb to 7lb and one wrasse at 2lbish not a bad night considering!!