Florida DaytonaBeach Orlando Inshore Guide Report

Spring is a great time for backcountry fishing here in the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Florida. Seatrout is the main target species while fishing the creeks and drop offs here in the “old channel” at Edgewater, Oak Hill, and New Smyrna Beach. The water temperature has warmed to the 70’ mark now in mid April, so the baitfish have begun to return to the area signaling the return to warm water patterns, mullet and glass minnows the main spring baitfish species for the backwaters. Along with Seatrout we are having fast fun light tackle action with lots of Mangrove Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, and always more species also on my backcountry charters. Live shrimp can be the most productive bait for this mixed bag type of catching, but Allison here visiting from Atlanta caught this quality Seatrout on a shad tail jig while out with me with her husband .........

30xk.jpg

Anglers Net's own and my repeat clients Newt and Bobbi and did 3 afternoon charters with me while here on their Central Florida vacation, catching all the different species that my backwaters have to offer, Newt caught and released the best Trout of the trip on a Gulp shrimp jig.......

fw6g.jpg

Bobbi with one of the many of the Seatrout she caught..............

lcjn.jpg

And Bobbi with an unusual Central Florida catch of a hard fighting Permit........

a2hn.jpg

Redfish are always on the target list for Mosquito Lagoon, regular clients Lorin and John had a great flats fishing trip recently with 4 Redfish to 25” and about 25 Trout with a half dozen of the specks in the “slot“ of 15” to 20”.............

13hy.jpg

As water temperatures continue to rise, the summer Mosquito Lagoon flats fishing patterns are returning and Redfish and Seatrout catching shifts to warm water techniques which stay in place all through the summer until next fall, as well as fun easy backcountry mixed bag variety fishing. Summer wildlife viewing while out fishing is always great with Manatees and Bottlenose Dolphin up close and personal, along with always present wide variety of birds.

6w2p.jpg

MY BOAT COMFORTABLY ACCOMMODATES 1 TO 4 ANGLERS

CALM WATER INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING – NO SEA SICKNESS

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, and Orlando, East Central Florida. Saltwater inshore backcountry charters, Mosquito Lagoon flats fishing, fly fishing trips by request.

Call or text me anytime at 386-689-3781

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
email> EdgewaterRiverGuide@cfl.rr.com

Website> http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

• 3 weeks later...

Another great trip Skipper. We'll be back in October.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...

Newt, Some nice looking Trout and I am most envious of Bobbi's Permit as I have still not managed to land one.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek