Return of the Kayak

Simon Everett

It has all gone a bit quiet on here, anyone would thnk it was winter and you had all gone on holiday in search of the sun!

I got my Dorado back today :D It has been to a friend for some repairs - he has long arms, lots of resin and mat and is playing with GRP all day long, so it seemed silly for me to it! Nothing major, only a handle fitting, but a rivet had not been pushed fully home and the glass had "exploded" around the hole where the rivet had opened up IN the hole, rather than through it. Now it is as good as new.

A few of us are planning a foray into teh salt between Christmas and New Year - Nifty being one, Me, Captain and his Mighty Organ, Barramundi, Steve somethingorother(float tube Steve). Hopefully there will be some obliging flounders and apparently there are still some good sized bass around. We will have to choose our mark with a weaher eye - North Wales will be strong on the cards though. Baited spooning for a good sized flounder is my hope, now I've just got to find some ragworm.

I am really looking forward to getting back on the water - it has been a long, long 6 weeks!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

It's bad news on the worm front Simon. I've been down to the van today to check it over and called in a few tackle shops on the way.

There'll be no worm unless we dig it ourselves, so I've got garden worm, sprat and Tiger prawn, which I've got a feeling may work well on the spoon.

If that wasn't bad enough not being able to get worm, some BAS**** nicked my brand new bottle of gas from outside the van. :angry:

Stuart.

Good luck everyone.

I'll be out with Zzippy in Poole Harbour next week for the tourney. I don't think the fish are jumping on the hooks down my way at the moment although the harbour could be ok.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Well fellas I hope you enjoy your foray wherever it takes you. As for me i'm back off to Cumbria to visit the folks on the 27th. Too late to enter the comp but with promising weather St Bees Head will be getting a bash and hopefully a few cod :D

Ok Prowler 13

Cheers Martin,

Hope you have a good christmas and manage a day out whilst up there and catch yourself a Cod or two.

I'm going to have another go at Llangorse in the morning and try and find those Perch shoals.

Stuart.

Will be out when I can. No definate plans. Will play it by ear. Sneeky feeling Poole Harbour could be bit of a yaking haven on 1st ;):D

Might see you around.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Good luck to you all, going to be checking the weather nearer the time, might have to go dig some worms on the 31st, although I do have some frozen squid and peelers, think there might even be a mackeral or two in there as well.

Tight Lines

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com