Another NUG 'ere (New Guy)

Prowlerguy

Greetings,

Prowlerguy here, I've been yakking for several years, but I'm new here. My home was Okinawa for 20 years or so, although I'm from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida which is right next to Miami. Grew up in a seafaring family, then upon graduation from High School I joined the US Marines. The Corps was my home for the next 14 years, and since that time I've prepared for and served in the ministry as a pastor/missionary, on the island of Okinawa, Japan, and now in Germany.

ChuckandLindaJune05-3.jpg

My fleet of Kayaks include, Ocean Kayaks: Scupper Classic-pink, Scupper Pro T/W-yellow, Prowler 15 fisherman-yellow, and a Zest Two-yellow. I'm really big on visibility, since coming from a very high boat traffic area, and I've been a scuba diver for 43 years - Master Instructor.

Sign-KeepRight.jpg

My home has been Mannheim, Germany for for just over a year and the yak fishing is just about nil, so I'm really wanting to get out. I made a trip down to Lake Caspe, Spain last year, which was pretty good, but I didn't have my yaks, and just rented a "stink pot," but did catch a bunch of walleye.

Hope to talk with some of you folks regularly. I was stationed in Scotland from Sept 70 til Sept 73, and made several Scottish friends then. I have been invited to visit with a long time friend who is a Scottish gamekeeper this spring, or actually whenever I can make it over there. I am also considering selling a couple of my yaks.

I have recently had a book published, "Pop A Yellow Smoke," about my tour in Vietnam from 1969-1970 while in the Corps, and you can see it here, http://www.swanassoc.com/pays and it's also advertised by Amazon.

PopSmokeCover-1.jpg

Now you all know more about me than I do.

Respectfully, Prowlerguy sends

Hi Prowlerguy

Welcome to the forum and nice intro. I've enjoyed reading your posts over at KFS & look forward to reading some more.

Which type of species do you target in Germany? I think I recently saw a photo of your yaks covered in snow. I guess its ice hole fishing for you at the moment :)

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Welcome prowlerguy,Ich war auch fur 8 yahre in Deutschland---------------left there about 3 years ago when the recession started and the work dried up ------------------might be interested in one of them scuppers--might even be able to collect it from Germany as the missus is still there until the end of the summer!again welcome to the madhouse! :D richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Welcome prowlerguy,Ich war auch fur 8 yahre in Deutschland---------------left there about 3 years ago when the recession started and the work dried up ------------------might be interested in one of them scuppers--might even be able to collect it from Germany as the missus is still there until the end of the summer!again welcome to the madhouse! :D richi

Talk to me! truittwc@aol.com (I'm in Mannheim, very near Heidelburg.)

Hiya Prowlerguy,

we are all pretty friendly over here - just don't mention the war (I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!)

Our fishing is pretty useless in comparison to what you are used to. We have fish, but not the game fish that you lot get.

I was hoping to go and take a couple of kayaks down to the Ebro Delta one year. I have been meaning to do it for a few years, but it is a LONG drive, even from Bilbao. There is some good tuna fishing off there well within yak range of the shore.....yur pro would be just the job!

If you are over you can rest assured that this lot wil always make you welcome - lend you a kayak for a trip, that sort of thing.

I hope you like sausage!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Welcome Prowlerguy and thanks for the reply re tandem yaks will certainly give that serious thought!

Just an idea but as your a Pastor do you fancy a wedding out at sea - great excuse to my other half to justify the tandem purschase :D Would add a bit of interest to the Mid wales tope festival!

Ok Prowler 13

Welcome Prowlerguy and thanks for the reply re tandem yaks will certainly give that serious thought!

Just an idea but as your a Pastor do you fancy a wedding out at sea - great excuse to my other half to justify the tandem purschase :D Would add a bit of interest to the Mid wales tope festival!

As a Pastor and knowing the Bible (Word of God) rather extensively, there is absolutely nothing in The Word to indicate any particular method for marrying, as long as certain things are met. Since the time of the Great Flood we've been in a period of God's economy or dispensation, that overlaps other dispensations, called Human Government. Marriage is one of the things that are assigned or given to the cognizance of Human Government. You see, people who are married in China atop the Great Wall, are just as married as folks who are married in the Congo within a grass hut, or in the Saint Paul’s Cathedral in London. The requirements are first, that a man and a woman must be unmarried and have a mutual desire. Secondly, they must have some sort of civilly recognized ceremony, and thirdly, the must be a consummation for the marriage to be a true marriage.

ChuckTruitt7.jpg

I would like to point out something to you all. I served as a missionary on Okinawa for 17 years where I pastored a church of many different nationalities, but mostly American military folks. My daughter met a Marine there in the church who was my song leader 16 years ago. I married them in the church, as they are both Christians, and they wanted to have the wedding accomplished before Jesus Christ, and with that blessing upon it. But, before I could marry them they had to do a civil ceremony and get all the right documents/papers done, and have the “right tickets punched” by the Japanese government. They were legally married several days before the wedding was held in our church. They didn’t come together in consummation until after I had performed the wedding in the church though. Regardless they were still married for several days first by the Japanese government, just awaiting the consummation aspect..

By the way, they have been married now for all that time and have four children, 8, 7, 6, and 5 years old.

There is nothing that says you can’t do it your way. Seems like you can be as unique, and personal as you want to be, but you must fulfill all three of those requirements according to the teachings of the Word of God!

By the way I’m a Baptist, but an Episcopalian, or another can do it too.

This is my daughter and her fine husband,

KAM.jpg

These are my grandkids (Any excuse will do to show them off, ya know!)

Aug05-4-2.jpg

Edited by Prowlerguy