Attitudes to restocking

gozzer

It's the Canal and Rivers trust that are doing this chesters, so presumably they 'own' the stock.

And you're right, it makes no sense at all, except maybe in the short term, with bigger catches in the stocked sections.

John.

They are making a rod for their own backs ,if the fishing improves it will quickly decline once the fish jostle for feeding areas and thin out again and to keep up the standards will be doing it forever ,rather the whole canal improved than man sticking its nose in in the short time with its disastrous meddling as it does

Trouble is modern angling and anglers want easy fishing ,i for one find catching every cast bloody boring ,if its a carp what do you do with the rest of your life when you catch fred or joe the biggest and no doubt easiest fish to catch in the water ? It must be soul destroying knowing its all downhill from there

"Were the new charity entrusted with the care of 2,000 miles of waterways in England and Wales"

New broom without a clue trying to "sweep clean" all fine and dandy until the money gets short ,who gives these fooking charities power over the masses, soon the whole fricking countryside will be run by charities its bad enough the lying rspb is stopping me walking where i have for 25 years on the excuse a "bird" maybe nearbye .their latest joke is to fence along a bridle way under the excuse the horses may trample nesting birds if its not yet release on the inside of the fence cattle to keep things looking good in the eyes of natures helpers that WILL step on nesting birds ,you cannot make it up.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Is it me or has the notion of going to a naturally-occurring body of water to try and catch some naturally-occurring fish that are there because of nature a completely prehistoric one?

Is the modern angler only prepared to wet his line in a water whose fish are tailor made to his needs? Why the hell are we moving fish around? They must be happy where they were or they wouldn't have been there in the first place...

I strongly suspect that by 'un-fished' they mean 'free'. So our license fees are paying for the EA to move fish to areas where we have to pay again.

Cheers EA

• Like 1