Fish On The Sausage

Crackin Clax

Hey guys,

Just thought i would let you in on a recent experience of mine, catching a zander on a small chipalata sausage.... The fishing appeared to be very slow, the chub etc were not feeding, so i whacked a whole chipalata sausage on my hook to try my luck!! This was mainly because i'd previously seen matt hayes catch a monster carp on a strawberry! The zander was landed and weighed in a 7lb - a complete monster zander for my water!!

What do you think? - can more fish like this be caught on other strange household foods?

The Clax Will Always Crack

as far as baits go we are only limited by our own imagination, and apart from a couple of hours spent in relative peace and quiet while trying odd bits and bobs left lying around the kitchen or stuck in the drawer at the bottom of the fridge, there is nothing to lose, but quite a bit of personal acheivment to be gained.

"We will sit down and discuss it, then decide that I was right in the first place" Brian Clough the best england manager we NEVER had

I doubt it would be a regular zander catcher. I love fishing for rudd on the surface with a very small controller float well the bait I have been using abit this past summer is ciggarette filter tips soaked in hallibut oil!, I just make sure its securly hooked so the fish cant swallow it,it works great, I had a few nice fish on it, cause there quite large they tend to get the larger rudd. It worked for me!

Rudd on cigarette filters??? I have also heard that pink sponge can be legered as luncheon meat, i would rather use the real thing and not risk the fish swallowing it myself!!

Funnily enough I used bright yellow foam ear plugs to catch fish from the top last summer. They're very similar to the filters.

haha i might have to try that some day, nice thinking!

No joke, I've found Jaffa Cakes work exceptionally well on bright days in the summer for surface carp fishing!

I punch them with a bread bunch, size dependant on water.

haha i might have to try that some day, nice thinking!

No joke as well, I have caught a few decent size carp using yellow ear plug when using the zig zag rig or surface fishing.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/