how to make a million

Guest NickInTheNorth

he's done alright there are already probably about a million of them out there already, have you seen it its a mess can't believe the sites advertising are actually getting many hits through it though

Agreed. I was put off by the site as far as being able to gleam any useful information from it. One of those "nice to look at things" but not practical. Bragging rights might be the only end result. Can't image our IRS looking very fondly at this as a martketing/advertising expense on taxes. :o

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I was put off by the site as far as being able to gleam any useful information from it. One of those "nice to look at things" but not practical. Bragging rights might be the only end result. Can't image our IRS looking very fondly at this as a martketing/advertising expense on taxes. :o

The site does not claim to have any useful information on it, its just a page full of adverts. Does'nt really matter what the IRS think, he has quite a few testimonials from satisfied customers and that is all that matters.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

he's done alright there are already probably about a million of them out there already, have you seen it its a mess can't believe the sites advertising are actually getting many hits through it though

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As to hits, read the testimonials on his site, they seem to tell a different story.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Does'nt really matter what the IRS think, he has quite a few testimonials from satisfied customers and that is all that matters.

When having your business audited, what the IRS thinks matters a whole lot :o

When having your business audited, what the IRS thinks matters a whole lot :o

If I was running a business over here and I had an Invoice for advertising on this guys site then they would normally just accept the invoice. If they did not the I would have only lost the 20% of the cost of the advert that I could have claimed back. If the tax man don't like it, don't claim it. We are not talking mega-bucks after all.

Edited by corydoras

I'm sure he don't care, he's already banked his cash

He won't care, but the companies will when they realise what a waste of money it was. "Testimonials" might be good at the moment, while the site is in the news, but people aren't going to keep clicking on the links.

Guest NickInTheNorth
He won't care, but the companies will when they realise what a waste of money it was. "Testimonials" might be good at the moment, while the site is in the news, but people aren't going to keep clicking on the links.

The companies might not be happy if they don't get the click through, but I guess he ain't giving refunds :lol::P

And as far as I know the pixels were simply sold, no guarantee on clicks, only a promise that it will remain on-line for at least 5 years.

Edited by NickInTheNorth

• 2 weeks later...
...and it looks like it's been slashdotted.

Not sure what that means, but I think I have an idea after reading this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4621158.stm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

...and it looks like it's been slashdotted.

No bad thing in itself.