Alderney

Scotty T

Slowly. He built a shed to go over it so he could work on it during the bad weather, but it blew down. lol

tit.gif

Don't think we will be going to Alderney on it this year. Maybe ready in the autum I think.

:clap2: I hope his boat building is better than his shed building then. :unsure:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe it just over a week now until we go to Alderney, seems like I've been waiting ages, then all of a sudden its here! Happy Days

Havn't sorted any gear out yet, will save that until the weekend

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Can't believe it just over a week now until we go to Alderney, seems like I've been waiting ages, then all of a sudden its here! Happy Days

Havn't sorted any gear out yet, will save that until the weekend

Scotty

Scotty have fun but leave some fish for us :P Make sure you book for evening meals as the better places fill up quick. The Harbour lights has closed :angry: so one less quality food place to go to. Maris Hall is a safe bet for english grub and for posh nosh try the First and Last lubberly rack of lamb uuummmm

Martin

visit http://www.pbsbac.co.uk for small boat angling on the south coast

Scotty have fun but leave some fish for us :P Make sure you book for evening meals as the better places fill up quick. The Harbour lights has closed :angry: so one less quality food place to go to. Maris Hall is a safe bet for english grub and for posh nosh try the First and Last lubberly rack of lamb uuummmm

Martin

Cheers Martin,

Will bear that in mind mate, I do like a bit of sheep!!! Wouldn't worry about there being any fish left either, if my run of missing bites continues!!!

I'm due a good fish, just a case of whats its going to be!!! :)

Scott

Update.................... Weathers looking total rubbish, not sure if we're on yet, probably know tomorrow evening. Hope to god the forecast is a wrongun.

Think we'll be ok getting over, but Saturday looks blowy to say the least.

Yours, with fingers crossed

Scott

Update.................... Weathers looking total rubbish, not sure if we're on yet, probably know tomorrow evening. Hope to god the forecast is a wrongun.

Think we'll be ok getting over, but Saturday looks blowy to say the least.

Yours, with fingers crossed

Scott

The weather on here is normally quite accurate...

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

If you want to know what it's like in mid channel look here:-

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62103

In my experience, anything with a wave period of less than 8 seconds means it's 'choppy rough', rather than 'swell rough'. You could always look here as well:-

http://www.jerseymet.gov.je/forecast/guernsey/GurFc.html

unfortunately it doesn't give the seastate for the extended period, but 4-5 is normally fishable on a charter, although the banks on big springs are not the place to be when it's like that! Proper shipping forecast is on 0900 665 0022 (premium rate 50ppm?)

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Trips on :clap2: , just some doubt as the the wrecking we were planning en route. Looks like we may steam over and get a few hours on the banks instead.

Full report on Tuesday :thumbs:

Scott