Usual end of May thread

Rusty

It’s that time of year again, the time when we look forward to the new season and implementing plans fiendishly devised over the past few weeks (or in my case hours).

My start will be on the Kennet where I finished last season, I’m hoping that the surf float will help me get the bait in the right place more frequently. I’ve only tried it once so will need to get out again before the 16th for more practice.

I’ve also got new access to a nice section of the Thames next to Beale Park Wildlife Park, it’s a beautiful spot with a couple of long islands creating narrower channels, they’ll be explored at some point during opening week.

So over to you……

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I am too thinking about that stretch of the Thames Chris for opening week one evening after work, as all my usual bits of river will be rammed with barbel anglers - but I thought you had been inoculated against bream at birth!. It would be good to hook up if you are heading that way.

I may, out of curiosity, have a look at a bit of the kennet where I have had unexpected chub success in the winter to see if they are still there - I suspect they will have moved on to their summer quarters - but never seen anyone else fish it! I have a day booked with Duncan Charman on Frensham Great pond the week after - Christmas pressy courtesy of my good lady.

M

Hoping to do a night on the river on the 17th or 18th then off for a 2 week excursion upstream after that a few trips to the Thames where Rusty and Matt mentioned can`t wait............

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I'm going to try a section of the Lugg and Arrow rivers that I've had access to for years but have never really fished. It includes the confluence of the Arrow/Lugg and I'm hoping for some interesting coarse fishing in there. It bodes well for decent chub, I know there are pike in there and I suspect perch, dace, grayling and possibly smaller barbel. Just the ticket for some light tackle fishing!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

.....It includes the confluence of the Arrow/Lugg.....

Somewhere around here then :)

+52° 12' 22.8384",-2° 42' 54.3744"

Looks a very nice winding stretch.

Somewhere around here then :)

+52° 12' 22.8384",-2° 42' 54.3744"

Looks a very nice winding stretch.

Yep, pretty much exactly round there!

Two meadows upstream and one down on the Lugg from that spot and from the confluence to the bypass on the Arrow!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Providing we don't get too much more rain I shall be stood mid-kennet trotting for whatever on the 16th in a swim that has seen a spot of prebaiting over the last month. No doubt I won't be able to resist a few more sessions in the opening week as I drive right past my chosen stretch twice a day!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Gps location to swims on the internet is always a great idea ;)

Not quite as accurate as "...includes the confluence of the Arrow/Lugg..." but only a few degrees out. Worms hasn't fished it yet, do you think that the fish chasers monitor our planned trips just in case? I can understand the secret squirrel approach if you've caught something remarkable and don't want to tell anyone but surely........

I'll be at these two locations during the first week;

51°30'16.13"N, 1° 6'35.81"W

and

51°30'6.66"N, 1° 6'32.43"W

I anticipate all sorts of PB's so please form an orderly queue.

It does happen rusty and anglersnet gets a lot of views. My thinking is its not just my swim but somone elses too. Ive seen first hand what can happen when swims/waters are mentioned online and our daily record fish of the week section is a pretty good example too.

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk