Usual end of May thread

Rusty

I've got three days booked off work - just one more day in a 14 day continuous stretch and I'm free. I haven't decided which river.

I have at my disposal the Kennet, Thames, Loddon, Blackwater and Whitewater. I think I will try to fish all of them in the first three days and see fi I can get a decent chub (or anything frankly) from all of them. Opening day will probably see me fishing the three rivers which are tributaries of each other. Whitewater, Blackwater and Loddon.

Probably freelining first, then trotting and a bit of legering in The Loddon as it's usually too weedy to trot. I have to get to my sons school for a belated fathers day bug hunt at 1330, so I may not get them all in unless I get up very early!

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I've got three days booked off work - just one more day in a 14 day continuous stretch and I'm free. I haven't decided which river.

I have at my disposal the Kennet, Thames, Loddon, Blackwater and Whitewater. I think I will try to fish all of them in the first three days and see fi I can get a decent chub (or anything frankly) from all of them. Opening day will probably see me fishing the three rivers which are tributaries of each other. Whitewater, Blackwater and Loddon.

Probably freelining first, then trotting and a bit of legering in The Loddon as it's usually too weedy to trot. I have to get to my sons school for a belated fathers day bug hunt at 1330, so I may not get them all in unless I get up very early!

Mike

I could only book one day off as I'm part way through welding up 1200 metal stakes for portable radio equipment so I'm going to make the most of it, on the kennet at very first light trotting maggot, home for breakfast and sort the kids out then straight back up there for the day

Hope you catch a few Mike!

Edited by viney

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

All set ready to go here, a bit of nettle clearance this afternoon at my first choice swim and a quick check at a couple of backup swims to make sure access was ok. Rods set up, one with the surf float and another with a loafer. Early dinner with not too much wine (yeah right) and in bed after the test match highlights. Overcast conditions look promising.

All that prep and I bet I still can't get up early enough to arrive at dawn.

So a week of fishing and on Saturday I travel back to Kent for the annual golf event with my old schoolmates. All jolly good really.

Good luck with your barbel Matt, don't know where you'll be but might bump into you.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

All set ready to go here, a bit of nettle clearance this afternoon at my first choice swim and a quick check at a couple of backup swims to make sure access was ok. Rods set up, one with the surf float and another with a loafer. Early dinner with not too much wine (yeah right) and in bed after the test match highlights. Overcast conditions look promising.

All that prep and I bet I still can't get up early enough to arrive at dawn.

So a week of fishing and on Saturday I travel back to Kent for the annual golf event with my old schoolmates. All jolly good really.

Good luck with your barbel Matt, don't know where you'll be but might bump into you.

Pm me your number and I will ring you when I get up at half two ;) I shall be at B if you are heading up that way?

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Pm me your number and I will ring you when I get up at half two ;) I shall be at B if you are heading up that way?

I'll be a lot further upstream. Thanks for the wake up call offer, on this occasion I'll politely decline.

Don't blame you, funnily enough I've been told I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight so I don't wake Han up! Speen?

3:30 am was the best I could manage, bought a new bed a month ago with a memory foam mattress & duvet and I just don't want to get out of it in the mornings. Not Speen this year.

• Like 1