French Rod License

Polly

Quite a well run website and easily navigated. Seems like a great runs water with no Goliaths. They seem to like to emphasise the bar in the blurb. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Still don't understand the £30 Licence fee though. :rolleyes:

Well the owner does say up front about the licence fee - I'd email him and ask about it and where to purchase it from. I'd guess though that they do that for you but it does no harm to ask. You will probably find fishing starts at midday when the previous party has moved off so don't worry about losing fishing time - you'll be knackered anyway ;)

Rob.

No boat planned (lake's only 6 acres) other than a bait boat but night fishing is an option we intend to expolit to the fullest (ie No Pub !!!).

Do we feel owner is out to make a "fast-buck" by advertising cheaper fishing than rivals and then putting a sort of "stealth-tax" onto that cost by charging for a rod license???

I am an owner of my own lakes/Carp fishing holidays, & I think you will find that sometimes in some regions the fisherie owners are not permitted a anual or 5, 10 year licence, so have to buy them as & when required.

We have a 10 year licence which entitles us to fishing day & night.

Good luck & enjoy your holiday. :thumbs:

French Carp Fishing At Its Finest.

www.edenslakes.com

I am an owner of my own lakes/Carp fishing holidays, & I think you will find that sometimes in some regions the fisherie owners are not permitted a anual or 5, 10 year licence, so have to buy them as & when required.

We have a 10 year licence which entitles us to fishing day & night.

Good luck & enjoy your holiday. :thumbs:

That would make sense. I have no problem with paying the 30 EUROS it's just that I wanted to know where to buy the license and if I need to get it before getting to the lake, in other words is there a website (as in UK) where I can go and buy the thing before I even set off from Dover. Trying to get as much as possible paid for before we go to save taking too much cash with us.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Well the owner does say up front about the licence fee - I'd email him and ask about it and where to purchase it from. I'd guess though that they do that for you but it does no harm to ask. You will probably find fishing starts at midday when the previous party has moved off so don't worry about losing fishing time - you'll be knackered anyway ;)

Rob.

apparently previous occupants vacate by 10:00am but like you say we'll probably still be noshing our way through a nice cooked brekkie at that hour. We will arrive very late on the Friday night and sleep will be of a premium as camper van will be packet with kit it might be hard to get any shut-eye. It might therefore be wise to spend an hour or two snoozing in the bivvies and having a quite wander round.

That would make sense. I have no problem with paying the 30 EUROS it's just that I wanted to know where to buy the license and if I need to get it before getting to the lake, in other words is there a website (as in UK) where I can go and buy the thing before I even set off from Dover. Trying to get as much as possible paid for before we go to save taking too much cash with us.

I would imagine the owners of where you are going to fish should supply the License for you to purchase.

French Carp Fishing At Its Finest.

www.edenslakes.com

I would imagine the owners of where you are going to fish should supply the License for you to purchase.

Hi

The French law is indeed quite complex regarding fishing permits... which as Rob has said you can get them in bars and Tabacs, and fishing tackle shops.

Whether a private venue needs one or not depends on each case. If the lake has a previous history of being run by a club or local federation is will have been classed Second catagory and you'll need a licence.

If the lake has a river running through it, that is fishable with a Second catagory licence, your lake will need one too, and night fishing may not be allowed.

Lake owners need to be aware of the law and how it applies to their venue. It is quite possible to get permission from the local federation, and Prefecture (Adminstative offices) for legal night fishing. But they will usually impose fishing permits. Ignorance is no defence, as French law states that 'Nobody is supposed to be ignorant of the law'

I don't know the lake in question, but we have a venue where licences are required, yet it is private and on 120 acres of private forest land... our owner gets the permits for you....you just pay him on arrival, again 30 odd Euros is the price. (you'll proabably need a photo, by the way)

I have seen lakes closed down, as the owners were unaware or did not check out the legal status of the venue, before opening to night fishing.

I think in this case it sounds as if the owner is being honest, and has done his home work on the lake... keep in mind it is the angler and not the owner that will get done if the gendarmes turn up, with possible tackle confiscation, and fines etc...

Tight Lines

Gareth

Edited by frenchdub

Hi

The French law is indeed quite complex regarding fishing permits... which as Rob has said you can get them in bars and Tabacs, and fishing tackle shops.

Whether a private venue needs one or not depends on each case. If the lake has a previous history of being run by a club or local federation is will have been classed Second catagory and you'll need a licence.

If the lake has a river running through it, that is fishable with a Second catagory licence, your lake will need one too, and night fishing may not be allowed.

Lake owners need to be aware of the law and how it applies to their venue. It is quite possible to get permission from the local federation, and Prefecture (Adminstative offices) for legal night fishing. But they will usually impose fishing permits. Ignorance is no defence, as French law states that 'Nobody is supposed to be ignorant of the law'

I don't know the lake in question, but we have a venue where licences are required, yet it is private and on 120 acres of private forest land... our owner gets the permits for you....you just pay him on arrival, again 30 odd Euros is the price. (you'll proabably need a photo, by the way)

I have seen lakes closed down, as the owners were unaware or did not check out the legal status of the venue, before opening to night fishing.

I think in this case it sounds as if the owner is being honest, and has done his home work on the lake... keep in mind it is the angler and not the owner that will get done if the gendarmes turn up, with possible tackle confiscation, and fines etc...

Tight Lines

Gareth

Fairly comprehensive, thanks mate.