Sign of the (Angling) Times?

Steve Walker

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this is what years of inhaling fumes from development tanks does for an old person's brain.

Poor Pete asked me why I don't ask Terry for some tips, to which I reply 'I have and they worked'.

Pete then responds...

Oh! So why haven't they worked then?

I mean, there's understanding and then there's downright pity. :(

:D

Edited by Wordbender

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

See, this is what years of inhaling fumes from development tanks does for an old person's brain.

Poor Pete asked me why I don't ask Terry for some tips, to which I reply 'I have and they worked'.

Pete then responds...

I mean, there's understanding and then there's downright pity. :(

I think Peter may be trying out for the part of Mike Baldwin in Corrie, Terry!

(Sorry, Peter - too good to miss!) ;)

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I think Peter may be trying out for the part of Mike Baldwin in Corrie, Terry!

I bet if I knew who Mike Baldwin is that would be ever so funny! Anyway, I say you're right, Alan. ;)

I bet if I knew who Mike Baldwin is that would be ever so funny! Anyway, I say you're right, Alan. ;)

A long-standing character in the only soap opera on tv anything like watchable.....

The character is showing signs of dementia!

Still, who am I to talk after depositing my centrepin in th River Glaze yesterday! :headhurt:

It's enough to drive a man to carp angling to the exclusion of all other forms of fishing.

Edited by Newt

It's enough to drive a man to carp angling to the exclusion of all other forms of fishing. :

Resist, my friend, for that way madness lies! :blink:

Resist, my friend, for that way madness lies! :blink:

I almost felt tempted to put a sign up in the local park - where it isn't unknown for the unwaged gentlefolk of the area to bivvy out for 5 days at a time (in the middle of a city(!) 'Here be loonies!'

Yep, I'm on a downward path right now.

But we only have Tel's word that all that advice works yer know.

P.S. Its not the developer that does the harm, more like the 'fix'!

No, I haven't a clue what he's on about either. :unsure:

Do you actually know Terry Hearn, Geffaz? I do, and your 'lake closed and swim baited for weeks' claim is utter rubbish. Terry Hearn catches what he does because he's an extremely skilful angler who has dedicated his life to his craft.

You see, Terry was brought up as a hunter by a father who is one of the most knowledgeable countrymen I've ever met - and I've met more than most. Terry's field and watercraft was implanted in him as soon as he could walk and he's been a dedicated student of nature and especially watercraft, ever since. I also know the obsessive level of study Terry Hearn puts into his campaigns and the amount of graft that goes into his 'pursuit of the largest'.

The only way for you, me, or anyone else to 'catch like Terry Hearn', is to fish like Terry Hearn does. The fact is, mate, we can't - because we don't want those catches as much as Terry Hearn does and we don't have his range of skills.

Here's another fact for you; Terry Hearn started with nothing and became one of the most successful carp anglers of all time. After years of scratching a living, he now earns well from his talent and has remained the friendly, helpful, down-to-earth lad he always was. Above all, he's done it the right way and what he's achieved has nothing whatsoever to do with 'having swims baited for weeks'.

Just putting the record straight, like. ;)

Yes, you're right about our Tel.

I recently had the very great pleasure of meeting my hero.....one James Gibbinson. The talk went around and around until we discussed "celebrity" anglers. Jim said "Now just take Terry Hearn. The lad is a brilliant angler. Anyone catching just one very good fish could perhaps be relying on luck. But Terry just does it again and again. That can't be luck, can it?" And that from one of the most intelligent and innovative anglers since Dick Walker

Edited by Steve Holman