what rod do you 'pinners use with your 'pin?

jeepster

One loop in the mouth, one hooked over each ear...

:lol::lol::lol:

If I need to Wallis cast I should be using a fixed spool

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you need more loops whip on another eye to your rod !.& there is another distance cast that could be used ( if your brave! ) its called a bc cast favioured by the yanks !

http://www.questoutdoors.net/skills/center...t-rightside.wmv

article and video's here !

http://www.questoutdoors.net/skills/center...cast/index.html

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

:lol::lol::lol:

If I need to Wallis cast I should be using a fixed spool

Maybe, but a good Wallis Caster gets tackle back out to where it should be so much quicker than someone using a bale-arm fixed-spool. I had two float rods out with me today - one with a pin, the other with a lovely little old-model Daiwa Match F-Sp'. The pin was used for much of a mostly windless day, but when one likely looking far-bank glide had to be hit pinpoint accurately and EASILY, then immediately got fishing with a lot of holding back, the Daiwa FP rod was my first choice.

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

I`ve enjoyed using my pin in various fishing situations,although not an angler who regular fishes for carp i do enjoy using my pin for close in work.With this i team it up with my 1.75 Barbel rod [TFG].I have caught numerous carp over 20lb using the pin and find it great to use.When targeting Barbel i change over to my beefed up float rod [fox],and when trotting for species such as roach,dace,grayling etc,,my pin teams up with either a drennan drx,or a map ultra-light...Just out of conversation i recently purchased the new Okuma Sheffield pin..anyone who is thinking of buying a new pin,take a look at these bits of kit,they are a fantastic reel for the money. :thumbs:

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with the Ron Thompson C-14, 13-15ft match rod or, what appears to be its (slightly) bigger brother, the B-52 match rod?

Phil Davis

We don't own this world - we've only borrowed it from our children.

I use the Normark Titan II, I find the Titan has a bit more steel than the Microlight and is not as pokey as the Avenger; as for spliced tips don't need them with the Normarks the rolled tip is so fine you don't need it.

In fact most modern float rods are the same in that respect, I used to use a spliced tip in the early days of carbon when actions were quite savage on some rods.

You pin fishers....see the post above about a graylimng fishing day on the River Test......