Suspending Lures - do they?

Newt

If you would prefer them to suspend, you need to do some tweaking.

- replace the trebles with circle hooks to reduce the weight. Replace them all to maintain the balance. They should now float.

- get some of the little stick-on weights or some that attach to the hook and add or remove weight based on conditions so the lure suspends.

I have no idea about UK sources but a number of US stores sell the weights. BassPro and Cabelas both do and are both reliable for UK orders.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, an easy tip is to tie a short length of mono to the central hook hanger, if the lure has three hooks. Trim it to half an inch. Just add split shot as you see fit. These can also be attached to the trace.

It was sorta fun to see this topic resurface after all that time.

:fishing:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I love using both shallow and deep diving suspending jerkbaits such a Lucky Craft Pointers, L.C. Staysee, Megabass Vision & Rapala X-Rap and I have found the Power Pro Proleader to be the best trace solution used in combination with suspending lures. Somehow the very buoyant braid material seems to contractive the woven in steel thus minimising the negative effect traces have on the lures.

http://www.thelureshack.com/acatalog/Power...aided_Line.html

I connect the leader/trace to my mainline using a double grinner.

I have been using this, was accidentally sent some for free. I don't think it starts a farts chance in a tornado against a decent pike though so have given up using it. It does almost float but then the thought of leaving my lovely vision oneten in a pike is too much to bear.