We need more posters

maidstonemike

Guest @Winter@

Hi Stan, Sorry I dont understand what you mean you are not considering that response, please would you clarify :). Everyone has a right to a point of view and I respect that, If you dont like discussing legislation etc thats fair enough no one would dream of saying you should, but then why should someone say you shouldnt if you so desired? . The things you describe will only happen if you and the others make them. If you want catch reports then post some it may encourage others to do the same. I used to fear getting a mouthfull for posting catch reports and pics but now just do it. All our fishing club results can be seen in the non commercial website section. I try not to post my catch results cos Im sure you would all get bored with them after a while.

Out of 30 topics on my sea angling forum front page 22 are currently nothing to do with politics. There is a couple about fishing overseas, some on boat issues, a report from an open match, There is a bloke called mike asking for others to fish with him :yeah: There is something about the weather, there is a fishing report from skippy. Enough diversity there to provide something for everyone. Plus an Infinite amount of space to post a topic on whatever you want.

Edited by @Winter@

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stan, Sorry I dont understand what you mean you are not considering that response, please would you clarify :). Everyone has a right to a point of view and I respect that, If you dont like discussing legislation etc thats fair enough no one would dream of saying you should, but then why should someone say you shouldnt if you so desired? . The things you describe will only happen if you and the others make them. If you want catch reports then post some it may encourage others to do the same. I used to fear getting a mouthfull for posting catch reports and pics but now just do it. All our fishing club results can be seen in the non commercial website section. I try not to post my catch results cos Im sure you would all get bored with them after a while.

Out of 30 topics on my sea angling forum front page 22 are currently nothing to do with politics. There is a couple about fishing overseas, some on boat issues, a report from an open match, There is a bloke called mike asking for others to fish with him :yeah: There is something about the weather, there is a fishing report from skippy. Enough diversity there to provide something for everyone. Plus an Infinite amount of space to post a topic on whatever you want.

Winter, probably worded that bit wrongly. After all the carry ons prior to the christmas period, niggles arguments and the likes it looked as if you were referring to that period again and it was that period of niggling that I was not considering or getting involved in. I know you post about a lot of other topics and I`m not getting at you personally I simply put over my own point of view that continual posts about political or possible political scenarios seem to go on forever and get extremely long winded. The other bit I posted about not giving a toss about mesh sizes was, again slightly wrongly put on my part. Of course I care about mesh sizes I simply think that no matter what legislation, if any, is brought into force, those earning a living will find some way around it so there does not seem much point in bothering about it too much, or at all.

Having said all the above I stand by my opinion that too much political stuff and long winded quotes from government papers and / or legislation is putting people off posting. I do not think for a moment that is the only reason but I consider that it is a contributing factor.

Guest @Winter@

I understand now stan. You had me scratting my head for a while. Maybe you have a point. Im not sure really, I think forums are not for everyone m8. I know a lot more people from Whitby read but dont post, why they dont post Im not sure. I guess the Political things do get a bit boring especially when you get to page 5 and the same thing is being said as on page 1. Guess Leon has it right. A quick factual point or a link, no real argument with anyone and then lurks and reads but never repeats himself.

Kind regards - Glenn

Sorry Glen, not even considering that response. Anglers Net!! i.e. about angling, there have been hundreds of responses to the "political" threads over the past few months and most of them by about a half dozen members then they take over everything. (most winding each other up) Read the responses to this series of posts. I may well be wrong but a lot may be getting fed up with it and would prefer topics on bait, boats , shore venues, tackle, catch reports and the likes. New magazines, overseas venues, best catches, you name it. I can only speak for myself but I personally dont give a toss what size of mesh a commercial uses, no matter what rules are brought in they will find a way round it and I aint gonna waste time discussing waht might or might not happen as it wont` make a ha`ppence of difference at the end of the day. Not the slightest. Sorry m8 we were there in 64 / 68 / 73 / 82 / 86. Got all the same rumblings and promises from Gevernment and then crap all.

Sorry guys, not looking for a niggle but someone has to speak up. Take your poltical stuff to a political forum and leave angling forums for angling.

Stan4massey, i hope you dont mind me asking but are you at all in any way involved in the tackle trade ei. do you have any vested interest in the hobby of sea angling?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I don't mind the political posts as long as they are have thread titles that are honest. I have been using the forum a lot more these last few weeks partley because of a small heart attack (I caught a cod!!!!!) and also because the more you read the more it becomes informative ,sometimes funny and helpful.

If I were to nitpick it would be say it is a bit cliquey at times and to enter an ongoing thread feels a bit like gatecrashing.

Mike, I agee with your sentiments, I got fed up with the 'ruff and tumble'. So I diped into the photo forum, as I like taking pics I found it interesting and usefull. So, personaly I'm still around, but spreading my self a little thiner.

:ph34r:

I could do with being a bit thinner spread. :rolleyes:

Stoaty: You Will Go Out And Catch A Fish of A Lifetime, do you hear and understand? :thumbs:

Yes I agree with that. Now get out there Stoaty, catch some fish, put some back, don't eat too many, not too much pepper on that fillet, steady with the wine, look out man, your going to spill some. :nono: