Carp fishing in Winter

jazzer

First of all let me say that its been a long time now since I winter carp fished.

Although undoubtedly some mixes/flavours seem to work better in the winter than others my simple advice would be to just use a mix that you are confident in. IMO confidence is the greatest bait additive of all!

Now many more people carry on carping in the colder months the bait keeps going in and I believe this has a lot to do with why the fish keep feeding.

I always prefered a boilly to a particle bait for winter and nothing much seems to have changed here.

One modern trend is the use of extremely brightly coloured fluorescent hook baits.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks for the advice and i'll take it on board. "One modern trend is the use of extremely brightly coloured fluorescent hook baits"- what are the names of these hookbaits? I'm new to this games you see :D

Hi jazzer, Sorry, I dont know enough to help you, but I think you might get a bigger response if you posted in the Carp forum. :thumbs:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Just boillies mate but made with a bright coloured dye.Most tackle shops stock them.Well known carper Frank Warwick popularised there use a few seasons back. As Gozzer suggests try a post on the Session Carp Fishing forum and guys who are more up to date than me may be able to reccomend specific mixes/flavours they have had sucsess on in the winter.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Try a couple of mini tutti fruity boilies, or a tutti with a mini yellow pineapple pop-up. A good winter bait, especially if you add a small pva bag with some carp groundbait, hemp, a few bits of sweetcorn, couple of broken boilies and some pineapple flavour.

The real problem is location. If you know where the carp are likely to be, you're three quarters of the way there. If it's sunny (no matter how cold) look for shallow water with snags nearby. Keep an eye out for liners too.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music