Tigger

viney

When does your yearly thread start that inspires and frustrates me in equal measures?!

You shouldn't let it frustrate you Viney, he's not fishing like for like. For starters the river he is fishing is bigger and probably has a much greater head of fish. Ian is a very good angler on a river not unknow to produce big bags of fish. On a good day a few hundred pounds is doable.

But still nice to see, so come on Ian. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Err....thank's for the comment Brian but I think in my case it's more luck than good angler lol.

I felt pretty naff on opening day, due to lack of sleep for a spell but foolishly I did get out for a few hours....I knew I shouldn't have botherd ! Everything went wrong for me really, bad head made worse by a horribly bright and dazzling sun, a whopping blister (from a previous day out walking the dogs) that made my mile walk upstream seem like 10 miles. When I got to my planned swim someone had just fished it and was actually wading in the bottom half of my glide....barsteward !! Anyhow all I got for my effort was a trout that came off just before I got hold of it (saved me unhooking it), a dace and what i'm 99'9 % sure was a barbel. The fish bolted off downstream when I hit it so obviously foul hooked . I put on far too much pressure on purpose to pull the hook which worked but when it did it left my hook stuck in a snag....feelin as I did I knew I should have left it for a few days. I'm hopin' to get out soon and maybe catch summot this time lol.

One good thing came out of the session though, I tried out the Floatmaster I recently got from Chris Lythe and it was fantastic to use !

Oh eck, just looked at the Floatmaster. Want one of those. Is it a four or five year waiting list currently?

Changing the subject slightly, I do find it odd that payment for Chris Lythe reels is entirely on delivery. What if you changed your mind (or passed away)while waiting? Maybe that happens more than we know.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Oh eck, just looked at the Floatmaster. Want one of those. Is it a four or five year waiting list currently?

Changing the subject slightly, I do find it odd that payment for Chris Lythe reels is entirely on delivery. What if you changed your mind (or passed away)while waiting? Maybe that happens more than we know.

Mike

I orderd mine over 4yrs back same as Rusty and we've only recently got them ! Chris Lythes reels are seriously good reels and really are a joy to use. If you change your mind which reel you want Chris won't mind, he'll just make you what you want when the time comes so long as you let him know. If you pop your cloggs I don't think it'll matter LOL.

I had a few hours out on the river today and planned to hook up wth a barbel or two but after my hike to the swim there where two anglers allready there clogging it up with four rods pointing upwards on their rests...what a waste of a trotting swim !

I moved down river to a swim that's not prolific but can produce anything, today it produced a dace and the most colourfull trout i've ever seen ! I moved further down stream to a long glide that i've never seen anyone fish but myself and that has always produced chub for me in the past and today it produced some superb chub. I didn't bother weighing them (still being jacked off about those carp anglers raping me swim !) but i'd guess the largest to be around 6lb give or take an ounce or three. The chub all had protruding red vents and had obviously just spawned. I reckon they'd all be a good pound or more heavier in a few months when they put some weight back on.