Any Car Lovers Here

Elton

Clinton is from Arkansas but I think the State disowned him long ago :yeah: Gore was actually born in Washington, D.C. (as was Newt)

Ah well, Gore aint the brightest candle on the cake but nice to see something good came out of Washington,

:rolleyes::rolleyes: grovel grovel :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civic Type-R, so similar performance to the Seat, new Focus ST, Golf GTi, etc. Like you say, 166bhp/ton (against 174 for the Cossie) 146mph (144) and 62 in 6.8s (6.6). All for 16k. Wasn't the cossie about 20k back then?

Yep, they feel even quicker from the passenger seat :) Quite fancy an Evo, but the running costs look terrifying.

Love the Civics :D In fact, love any Jap performance car :D The Civic would probably be top of my want list, though, above a Pulsar....just :)

The Evo running costs can be quite high, but you try to balance them against 'performance'. I have to service mine every 4500 miles.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Love the Civics :D In fact, love any Jap performance car :D The Civic would probably be top of my want list, though, above a Pulsar....just :)

Yep. I'll hang onto this one for a while yet. Might have the new type-r when it comes out, if it's any good. Quite tempted by an RX8 or 350Z, though. Whatever it is, the acid test is whether I can get my fishing kit in. My evil plan was to replace the wife's car with something like a Golf TDi and then trade the Civic in for an Elise or an S2000. She circumvented this by buying herself an MX5, thus lumping me with the practical car.

The Evo running costs can be quite high, but you try to balance them against 'performance'. I have to service mine every 4500 miles.

Yep, it was the 4500 mile service intervals that worried me, even more than the 20mpg and group 20 insurance... Service intervals on Imprezas seem to be more reasonable, but the fuel economy is still a bit scary. My kid sister has an Impreza WRX, and having driven it I'd say that it's not worth having a Scoobie unless you either really need the 4WD or you can stretch to an STi.

My favourite all round car that I've owned was probably the twin turbo'd Subaru Legacy RS that I had a couple of years back. It was quick, loud, big and even the misses would drive it (she won't touch the Evo - it's not really a 'family' car at the best of times, but the modifications that have been done on it make it even more uncomfortable than normal).

If only I hadn't crashed it into that pesky horsebox... :(

I may get the newer RSK B4 if money ever permits.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE