Barbel rod

Crispy

Great review Argyl I had to slap myself to stop my hand reaching for a credit card there and then!

Thanks Matthew, just the job for those Lodge Park carp this year, if Andy organises another 'do' I've been practicing :rolleyes:

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Matthew, just the job for those Lodge Park carp this year, if Andy organises another 'do' I've been practicing :rolleyes:

If Andy doesn't organise another 'do', I know of a good few posters on here who will be very disappointed.

I had a really brilliant day - so did the girls.

As a matter of interest, Gerry, I fished with a DAM Multipicker with a small cage feeder and got snapped off -I nearly lost the rod into the lake, as the take bent one of my adjustable bank sticks. Would you say that the Avon tip on a JW Avon / Quiver would be up to the Lodge Park carp and river barbel fishing?

The reason I ask is that my multipicker feels so much more robust - even though it has considerably more 'feel' than the JW.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Thanks all

I've been continuing my deliberations, including actually snooping around the bfw forums (fora?). I am seriously tempted by the i-power, and am speaking to them in a mo about how long a lead time there is....

Looks promising.

C

Which bit are you planning to fish? Christchurch end or Ringwood?

No idea yet. My dad is joining the Christchurch AA so that we can choose (with me as a day guest), but he will be asking for advice at the same time. What would you recommend? Is it too cold for barbel at the moment?

C

Thanks all

I've been continuing my deliberations, including actually snooping around the bfw forums (fora?). I am seriously tempted by the i-power, and am speaking to them in a mo about how long a lead time there is....

Looks promising.

C

Couldn't resist. order placed!

Would you say that the Avon tip on a JW Avon / Quiver would be up to the Lodge Park carp and river barbel fishing?

A bit on the light side at 1.25TC for river barbel but it would do for those Lodge Park carp .

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Would you say that the Avon tip on a JW Avon / Quiver would be up to the Lodge Park carp and river barbel fishing?

A bit on the light side at 1.25TC for river barbel but it woul do for those Lodge Park carp .

As ever, thanks a lot!

Must confess, after Andy's last bash, I'd sooner go over-gunned than under!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Guest Josh Iddon
I have the Wychwood Barbel Rod, 1.5 tc and it is the bees knees... had fish up to 13lb on it (carp not barbel LOL) and its great!

I to have a Wychwood Barbel rod 1.5tc and had carp to 15lb on it, there exelent value for money. 1.75 good though