Downt to the Thames or fish the local water?

shortstuff

Hi i was wanting to go fishing this weekend and dont know whether to go down to my local water which holds a lot of small roach and carp or try spinning for some pike on the thames near lechlade, any advice or tips would be a great help.

Go fishing for whichever species you would prefer to catch.

It is not a great idea to discuss or invite discussion on any specific water on the internet as it can lead to unwanted pressure being put on an area.

Tim

No contest - it has to be the Thames. You could try chubbing as well/instead of the piking though.

If you are piking I would suggest deadbaiting rather than spinning this time of year.

A nice ledgered mackerel on one rod, and you can get the lobs out and go for chub and perch on the waggler / trotting on the other rod.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear