Probably a simple thing.............

ayjay

When I'm using my laptop it won't open the sponsored links on google, I get the message:-

Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.googleadservices.com.

This doesn't happen with my desktop.

laptop - Vista/Firefox3/ Adblock Plus/KH Blocker

desktop - Win 98/Firefox2/ Adblock Plus

I've tried turning off both Adblock and KH blocker but it still won't open any of the sponsored links.

The sponsored links from the column on the right of the page will open but the ones that appear at the top of the page will not open.

One thing I have noticed is that the address in the title bar at the top is wrong, from the same page on my desktop the url is for the correct website but on the laptop the url (from clicking a sponsored link) begins with *http://www.googleadservices*

Any ideas?

NOT that it will be ANY help Ayjay, but I had a similar experience a while ago. Now the best bit is I DID sort it out!! BUT for the life of me I don't know how! But this means if an idiot like me can do it you should have done so by now surely?

Sorry :)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Cheers Chris, I'll leave it till tomorrow night and have another go at it after a bottle of red thinking water.

POSSIBLY what I did mate!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 4 weeks later...

ayjay,

The URL for the sponsored link in google is actualy: http://www.googleadservices.....

The reason for this is that google track the fact that you clicked that link so that they can correctly charge the advertiser of that site. The only way for them to do that properly is to link you to one of their sites and then send you off to the site you want to view.

This is basicaly a redirect, if the browser window is not allowing it to redirect then that is why you get a failed to connect message. I dont have FF here, but check in preferences if there is anything on that is stopping it from redirecting.