Hard match this weekend

RUDD

My club has its Fur and feather match this weekend (cancelled from DEC due to frozen pools) on our stillwaters.

It looked promising with 15lb bags of roach, 30lb of bream, crucians, chub and tench also feeding into the early part of the week. Also loads of Perch have been showing of all sizes.

Until the last two days/nights.

Heavy frosts, cold wind, rain and even a flutter of snow have turned conditions on their head.

I went and bought half a pint of fluro pinkie, half a pint of red maggot and half a pint of caster at lunchtime.

Is a pity they dont do quater pints because unless I get a top peg complete with feeding fish I cant see much feed going in at all.

I already have half a pint of very old pinkies and half a pint of fresh (cooked this week) hemp in the fridge and some liquidised bread in the freezer.

Tonight I will be tying 22's and 24's to 0.06, 7 and 8 line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck? It will be needed.

Anyone else planning a session or have a match this weekend?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I would have thought a few squatts would have helped you to mug a little roach or a skimmer -----but I don't know the waters in your part of the world.

Best of luck ----hope it warms up for you.

I would have thought a few squatts would have helped you to mug a little roach or a skimmer -----but I don't know the waters in your part of the world.

Best of luck ----hope it warms up for you.

I asked if the tackle shop had any squatts but he didnt.

I am near Ipswich and will be fishing at Nacton which is just to the South close to the river Orwell.

The temp doesnt bother me but the all over the place air pressure does as I know it will effect the fishing.

At least its a day out with plenty of friendly banter.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!