Advice on lenses

paul mc

I am considering investing in a new lens for more zoom i currently have a 14-45 and a 40-150. The one that i am looking at is a sigma 55-200 here

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_al...288&navigator=6.

Ihave seen a couple second hand for between £60 and £80. I have also been looking at a tele converter here

http://www.olympus-esystem.com/dea/products/lens/ec-14/.

Ideally i would go for a ZD(Olympus lens) but their prices are way beyond my budget.

What would be the best way to go do you think, am i going to gain much more with just an extra 50mm over my other lens and are tele converters any good or am i best of just saving up for a ZD lens for up to 6 times the price :(

One of the reasons i bought the E500 was the four thirds lens system as i was told that it would be compatible with a lot more lenses/manufacturers but after buying it and looking for lenses it seems that cannon and Nikon are the most common fit :angry: I am hoping that this four thirds thingy catches on. so i can have more choice of lenses.

Regards Paul Mc

Paul

I have the Sigma 55-200 for my Canon EOS300D and I am pleased with it for general photography the focal length is not quire enough for true wildlife photography but it does (especially if you use a teleconverter), it has a decent image quality and it makes an ideal holiday lens as it can cover a wide range of applications.

I also find it better to use the manual focus option when using the teleconverter as it seems to effect the autofocus.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

What camera are you using?

I use 3 lenses, which cover allmost everything i want. 18 -55, 28 - 80, 75 - 300.

If you can afford the extra try to go for image stabilising, worth it in the long run.

A tele converter is a good step.

Regards

Cameraman

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Thanks forthe advice

I am using an Olympus E-500 and would ideally want a 75-300 or something similar but at the moment anything in that range is 1000's of pounds for my camera and cant justify that outlay especially withmy limited experience behind a camera

:blink::blink:

Regards Paul Mc