Shimano diaflash 14 mtr. competition

jayson69

HI,

I`m about to buy a secondhand shimano diaflash 14 meter competition, it has 3 spare top kits, all with the 6 meter extensions, The pole is in good order, have had it on the water, although I need to get used to all 14 meters, I find it a very nice pole, and I have 1st refusel on it, now comes my question!

price, what should it cost me, the pole is 15 years old I Know, but handles just as well as newer poles out there! 650 euros the chap wants, (he`s a friend) suppose thats just over the 400 pound mark!

all comments welcome

jayson

jayson69 that is way,way too much for such an old pole, my advice is take it to a local tackle shop and ask if you can put it up alongside a new £400 Maver, trust me when I say you will be shocked at how unwieldy it will be compared to the new pole, Technology has moved on in those 15 yrs and whilst the Shimano was a very good pole in its day, in fishing terms it is now obsolete! I say all of the above as a fishing non tackle tart, believe me there are plenty of them about!

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

cheers, bob

had my querie in maggot drowners as well, replies were also not positive.

well looks like its back to the drawing board with the same old thought!

which pole?

shall have to go to the fishing fair in Bremen (not far from me) and get "hands on" those poles!

as the tackle shops round here don`t have many poles in the shop,

again thanx for your reply

jayson

If you like the feel of the pole, you might see if he will come down in price to something more reasonable.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Jayson, it is a problem getting your hands on a selection of poles to waggle about, most small shops cannot afford to stock them in any numbers, coupled with the fact that poles are very much a fad thing, you know, this weeks offering is a must have object, but next week something better is available, poles are not sale or return merchandise ,so most small tackle dealers will not buy them in case they are left on the shelves, my advice is to attend the "Go Fishing Show" held at the NEC on 3rd to the 5th of March here is a link www.gofishingshow.com there will be hundreds of poles to try out plus loads of top anglers to offer free advice , and when I say top I mean as good as the 4x world champion Bob Nudd! It is a great day out but take a packed lunch as the food halls are a massive rip off.

Jason

That price for that pole is way out. I paid £600 for a 4 year old Daiwa that cost £1800 new before all the top sets were added. I used to own a Diaflash when they were new to the market but replaced it after two years as it had been overtaken by so many other poles. You also need to think about spare parts which will not be available on a pole of that age. As Bob says get yourself up to some sort of show and try out something new.

cheers chaps,

as I said above I will hope to visit a fishing show here in Bremen, is one next month As I`m here in Germany, the NEC is a bit out of the way,(and would cost me a decent pole in travelling costs)

Alan Scunthorpe (spelt that wrong ain`t I) was there (bremen) last year. But I missed that one, and was`nt after a pole then!

I`m quite new to pole fishing, and am dabbeling with an Old browning spiral technium 11 mtrs. (that I also bought from me mate who`s selling the diaflash) and am totally happy with it,

but at only 11 mtrs. I`m looking at "getting some length" and up dating a bit. OK the diaflash is not really "updating", but it is a good pole (not had many in me hand)

If you like the feel of the pole, you might see if he will come down in price to something more reasonable.

@ Newt or any one! what would be a resonable price (about)????

Well if those are your circumstances, I can see your dilemma, OK personally I would offer somewhere between £100/£150 absolute tops, but it is about opinions and the owner may well have a different one to mine!

The top angler you were referring to is Alan Scotthorne, he to is English ,he too has won the World title 4xs and at present is considered by many to be the finest match angler in the known universe!

Edited by Bob Bradford

The top angler you were referring to is Alan Scotthorne, he to is English ,he too has won the World title 4xs and at present is considered by many to be the finest match angler in the known universe!

I knew this much Bob, just was`nt sure about the spelling ( and too lazy to run it through google)

100 - 150 pounds Blimey! he will be upset! There is one on ebay UK at only 44 pounds with 3 days to go! shall keep an eye on that, where as on ebay Germany there is one at the moment 441 euros with 2 days to go!

Think I`ll buy the UK one and sell it on German ebay! :lol: