Channel Crossing

Moonyaker

A couple of guys paddled over the channel on a pair of Sit-on-Tops a couple of years ago, think they were on Scramblers or Frenzies, it was a charity paddle.

Madness I say.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi all, before you all go jumping into the water for your 22 mile or so paddle, may I PLEASE ask you to think of the following, Fittness of yourself and your kit, Insurrance ( just think of the damage a kayak would do to a super tanker if you hit one :blink::blink: ) Safety boat and crew. This trip would need to be recorded with both the RNLI, coast guard etc on both sides of the channel. Meeting party on the France side with transport for both crews and kayaks etc. A lot of planning is needed for these things to go well. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Back in the 1980 s i towed a water skier in the Cross Channel water ski race,safety was a big problem due to diffrent speeds and routes. Insurance became a problem ie we had to have safety boats within site of each other on the whole route . A year after we took 2 blind skiers over in a group of 5 boats lovely sunny day ,mid channel fog came down, sat for 20 mins on tick over against tide listening to fog horns very unnerving fog cleared ,rest of crossing ok.It may be possible in a small group with 2 or 3 safety boats,somebody would need to take van on ferry to bring you and yaks home,unless you were going to paddle home as well. Round the isle of wight may be easier if the are large numbers. BEST OF LUCK Colin

Prowler 13 ( yellow)