light bomb rod

John Weddup

Hi

I am enjoying catching skimmers and roach at the moment on light quivertip tactics.

I thought I might treat myself to a new rod. Trying to find one that is light and suited to 2 to 4lb lines seems a bit difficult. They all seem to be aimed at stillwater carping.

Anyone any suggestions as to best rod.

Thanks

john

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/O...er_Rods_12.html

I use a Normark crusader bomb great rod for what you want,but no longer available.See this link for two that may be suitable at very good prices.The Normark fast feeder and the Prologic light feeder.

Good luck :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I bet it's tricky getting hold of that type of rod these days! I picked up a Silstar Powerwind for about £35 about 15 years ago, and it's a joy. It's very light but even so it's managed to tame river carp to 12lb and stillwater carp to 15lb (accidentally!). You can get away with very light lines because it just keeps bending. Good luck with the search - if there's nothing suitable, you could try second-hand.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You could try second hand but your not having my bomb :lol::sun::lol:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

i know where there's a normark crusader feeder rod going for £75. i've had my eye on it for a while, but if you're interested PM me and i'll give you more details

I know what you mean, every rod around seems to have "power" or some such wording plastered over it, and is suitable for lines upto 10lb, even in a float rod, when i was looking for a float rod, it was hard to find a normal roach type float rod, amidst all the bombproof carp 'float' rods.

I know what you mean, every rod around seems to have "power" or some such wording plastered over it, and is suitable for lines upto 10lb, even in a float rod, when i was looking for a float rod, it was hard to find a normal roach type float rod, amidst all the bombproof carp 'float' rods.

Check out the new Drennan Matchpro quiver combo 10ft / 11ft. Bennetts of Sheffield do them but

your local shop should be able to get them. Lot of nice things said about them

Martin

thought about the normark as I have been very pleased with other rods I have.

Can't see line or tip specs for the crusader. I see Fishermans friend are doing them cheap.

Also thought about going really light such as shakespeare sigma wand. Phoned NWAC who advertise on website at £39.99. Phoned to order a pair and was told this is web price only.

Ok, dont understand, as same rod same card payment but there we have it so I asked what phone mailorder price was. After much deliberation and them phoning me back they tell me its not availeable over the phone only on webb.

Thats the last time I will phone NWAC after several previous purchases from them I was most disapointed.

Who are the biggest shakespeare stockists?

I have tried their website and its being rebuilt.

Several other calls made to unhelpfull mailorder staff.

I would order 2 shakespeare rods now if only I could find stockist who made sense wanted to do business and price was reasonable.

john

John,

see if you can pick up a second hand Drennan IM8 bomb rod. I've used one for a while and they are perfect for roach/skimmer fishing. They come with two complete full length tip sections. They were discontinued a while ago but i've not used anything better and I love the type of fishing you describe.

Or you could try bidding for this on ebay. It's another great skimmer rod:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/preston_W0QQitemZ721...1QQcmdZViewItem

Regards

James

Edited by James P

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"