Who's up for a pike challenge?

Anderoo

I'm off piking on Saturday. If anyone else piking over the weekend and you fancy a bit of fun, report back on Monday and we'll see who managed to fluke the biggie. We'll have to trust each other as to weights but we wouldn't lie to each other would we...? Any method and venue allowed.

(If people respond it will be interesting to see how many big pike are caught over a random weekend - if you read the weeklies you'd be forgiven for thinking we can all expect 20-pounders. Maybe between us we can manage 20 pounders!)

[Disclaimer: this is not a pike match and should not be interpretted as such; no correspondence regarding the rights and wrongs of livebait will be entered into; this is not designed to trick you into revealing your secret swims; yes, I expect you will not delay in striking; it is assumed that we all know the pike is a delicate fish, etc. If you take one home for the pot, it's best not to mention it. :headhurt: ]

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm off piking on Saturday. If anyone else piking over the weekend and you fancy a bit of fun, report back on Monday and we'll see who managed to fluke the biggie. We'll have to trust each other as to weights but we wouldn't lie to each other would we...? Any method and venue allowed.

(If people respond it will be interesting to see how many big pike are caught over a random weekend - if you read the weeklies you'd be forgiven for thinking we can all expect 20-pounders. Maybe between us we can manage 20 pounders!)

[Disclaimer: this is not a pike match and should not be interpretted as such; no correspondence regarding the rights and wrongs of livebait will be entered into; this is not designed to trick you into revealing your secret swims; yes, I expect you will not delay in striking; it is assumed that we all know the pike is a delicate fish, etc. If you take one home for the pot, it's best not to mention it. :headhurt: ]

If only I was fishing this weekend!

I like the disclaimer by the way, nice and cautious.

Will you be using a live or dead mouse?

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

No fishing for me this weekend, I'm on call but I hope you have a good 'un. Another thumbs up from me too re. the disclaimer.. :thumbs:

Paul

hertfordshire river today

i had a 12.5 on float-feedered half herring.

also small jack to one of my mates,and two to me other mate,best 6-7ish. all on deads.

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Well, I went to an old favourite banker lake in my favourite banker swim, and blanked! In similar conditions this time last year I had a dozen pike to just shy of 20lb. I had one dropped run all day. I tried a few other swims too, but they didn't want to know. It was incredibly windy and this is a big lake, and the waves and undertow were terrific. It felt like piking in the sea!

Not to be defeated though, I'm off to the Thames shortly to see if I can tempt a nice fat river pike. Russell's winning so far by, oooh, about 12.5lb :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well, I went to an old favourite banker lake in my favourite banker swim, and blanked! In similar conditions this time last year I had a dozen pike to just shy of 20lb. I had one dropped run all day. I tried a few other swims too, but they didn't want to know. It was incredibly windy and this is a big lake, and the waves and undertow were terrific. It felt like piking in the sea!

Not to be defeated though, I'm off to the Thames shortly to see if I can tempt a nice fat river pike. Russell's winning so far by, oooh, about 12.5lb :lol:

might be grouped up short of that area mate?

fish i had was a repeat,an old friend i know from teh last 2 years! she has a big blackspot on her back n thats her nickname grown by 2 1/2 pound over two years.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!