one mile bane for trawling and netting around the uk

big_cod

"Give you lot an inch"

thats very generous of you , the last time I fished Aldeburgh , local guy tried drifting his net through that inch.

cheers

Tom

Tom, can you cast 100 yards? Can you cast 8oz of lead with four grip wires sticking out the side of it, 100 yards? Can you cast 8oz of lead with four grip wires sticking out the side of it, 100 yards accurately? You know where I'm comming from...... ;)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 23 2006, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Aren't charter boats and tackle shops entitled to make a living from the fish in the sea too? Why must the commercials be the only ones to make a living from the sea? The UN ruled that the fish in the sea belong to the 'commons' ie; everybody and that the fish should be managed for the benefit of all, not just one sector. :clap2:

Ah but if just one group goes out and catches everything for everybody, then that's far more efficient, loads of effort, energy, time and resources (except one of course) saved; it would also save all that tiresome form filling and those accurate returns.

This does leave the slight problem of how to make up for the VAT and secondary spend losses, but I'm sure Gordon can come up with a suitable stealth tax to take care of this.

As that well known store says - Once it's gone, it's gone.

We can then look forward to the Open Starfish Catch And Return for which there will be suitable trophies.

Guest @Winter@

So the fact this has appeared in the fishing news is significant ? I Guess it is the commercial fishing industry using its media to mount significant opposition prior to the consultation.

and so it should be not just for anglers either.

I don't think anyone is suggesting only anglers should catch fish Wurzel, just that one group alone should not be allowed to wife out fish stocks, damage the marine environment so badly that it might not recover.

Make sense?

just that one group alone should not be allowed to wipe out fish stocks, damage the marine environment so badly that it might not recover.

Make sense?

If I thought that was in the tinniest amount true, I would agree with you, as it's a total missconception and not in the slightest bit any were near the truth I can't agree with you.

I fish to live and live to fish.

/?

So what are you saying Bin. that it's all sombody else's fault? That commercial fishermen don't get caught fiddling quotas? That commercial fishermen are prudent and careful and think of the future?

That commercial fishermen haven't depleted fish stocks through greed and overfishing?

What do the people in that fishing community expect the government to do? Put some fish back in the sea for them? Why don't they take a hard long look at what they have done over the years?

Now the fish are mostly gone, they are complaning and blaming anyone but themselves.

Pathetic.

Many of us have lost jobs or been made redundant in our lives. There isn't a God given right for fishermen to have a job for life or expect to find fish for life.

They will have to do what a lot of us have done, including farmers, miners etc.

Stop moaning, and get off their backsides and find another way to make a living. I am sick of the sobbing and bleating of people who only have themselves to blame for their predicament.

Edited by maidstonemike