Tubing

Quest

This may sound a silly question but, Is there a special technique in threading your main line through the plastic tubing. As in the past when I have tried It seems to get about a foot through then becomes very difiuclt to push any more through?

Thanks

Quest

This may sound a silly question but, Is there a special technique in threading your main line through the plastic tubing. As in the past when I have tried It seems to get about a foot through then becomes very difiuclt to push any more through?

Thanks

Quest

It can be a real pain! It's a lot easier if the tubing and line are dry so they don't stick, and if you clip the end of the line to a point. If it does get stuck, hold the line between your thumb and finger and quickly twist it whilst pushing it into the tubing - that usually gets it going again. Stiffer mainline helps too.

If it's really not happening, you can use a diamond eye threader used for pole fishing to thread it through :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It can be a real pain! It's a lot easier if the tubing and line are dry so they don't stick, and if you clip the end of the line to a point. If it does get stuck, hold the line between your thumb and finger and quickly twist it whilst pushing it into the tubing - that usually gets it going again. Stiffer mainline helps too.

If it's really not happening, you can use a diamond eye threader used for pole fishing to thread it through :)

Thin line goes through easy so glue say 2lb line to your line them pull through works for me .

I find it easier if both are wet but I use quite thick (15lb) line. New tubing is easier than old, as is new line. I just push and sort of twist it and if need be grab the mono inside the tubing tightly and then stretch the tubing and advance it a couple of inches at a time.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Quest

use a needle

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.