Dry Suits

Nemo

You must have been typing your reply as I was doing mine Speciman. To be honest I think the 2 persons Ive encountered had borrowed or hired drysuits and were generally inexperienced . I think they had normal tee shirt and jeans or the like underneath there suits , plus one suit was definately to large for them as I can remember (at least 12 -15 yrs ago ), there fore creating a lot of air space . I like yourself have never had any trouble , and I've even tried to invert myself , and to my wifes constant dismay , I'm still here.

I have never owned a dry suit, but what I have used in the past on cold days for just going out for a paddle is fleece lined Lycra cycling tights with the bottoms of a wet suit over the top and wet suit boots tucked inside the wet suit (and not the other way round as for diving) and then I use a Velcro strap to go round the ankles and tighten up to make a water tight seal, after I get in the kayak I slacken them off, for the top I wear a fleece lined cycling top and my Palm Cobra Cag.

I don't think it is a substitute for the real thing as a proper dry suit or paddling trousers as they are made for the job and mine is a well ......... make do sort of thing

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I use dry trousers and matching dry Cag. Although some seepage is possible between boots and trousers the neoprene seals keep this to a minimum and given that I intend to be in the water for no longer than 30 secs. (I have had practice!) this combination seems ideal for me.

It is mportant that if you do go down this flexible route you match the bottoms and top so that the seals between the 2 work as designed.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)