help me wiv my match fishing

Jamie Beard

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did think about using a pole and i sometimes use a 5 metre one just for pleasure fishing. But i would rather use a rod than a pole becasue that is what i feel most comfortable with.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: every angler should have a rod liecence if you are going to fish matches have you thought of using a pole

WHY

A pole is just another angling tool.

It is not always the right tool for the job but does have its place.

I did very well the other year in a winter league and used the waggler 99.9% of the time over four matches.

I won a match, framed in another and came very close in the other two.

I finished 3rd in the league.

The bloke that came 2nd also used the waggler alot in the matches and only beat me by two points due to me losing a good fish on the pole (only put in of the day over chopped worm) in the last match.

I belive it ruined my already hard peg.

I fished further out than the blokes using 14.5 - 16m poles and caught because in crystal clear water thats where the fish were.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

But i would rather use a rod than a pole becasue that is what i feel most comfortable with.

You've hit the nail on the head Jamie. If you're more comfortable with rod and line you stick with it mate. A pole is useless in the hands of someone who can't get on with it or is not familiar with how to use one.

Stick with the rod, perhaps consider a pole as an alternative method when you have had the opportunity of fishing a few matches.

Rod licence wise, simply go to the post office, ask for a rod licence and you will receive one. Don't know how much a junior licence is unfortunately. :blink: No photos needed, no signed affadavit, no references required, it's so simple.

You could also get one online but I prefer to get my hands on the post office one instead of a computer printout. The choice is yours. :)