Paddles?

codshead

Right lads , I,m having a look at danno's P13 next Sunday, I've also been checking out other web sites. One thing that has surprised me , is the variety of paddles availble, and the range in costs , from around £30 to £250 plus , apart from the obvious in build quality, whats a good allround paddle , I intend to fish and have a potter about when I'm set up, in waters ranging from my local canal , Thames Est, South & South West , and Pembrokshire. Thanks.

Generally you need a touring paddle as light as you can afford.

I have been using a ally shaft Originz (£50). It has been ideal for the close in work that I have been doing and would recommend it. However, I have been thinking about a carbon fibre shaft but I won't spend much more than a hundred. (I'm from Yorkshire)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

I was advised to go as light as I could afford and a length between 220 and 240cm. Starvin has a paddle that splits and I went for one that does - just for storage really. I asked what the guy in the shop used and he showed me a Werner with a carbon shaft and funny shaped blades. It was light and he said 215cm would be fine for me.

So I bought it £89.00 RRP.

Paddled a lot yesterday and aside from a sore wrist ( not toughened up yet ) I had no problem using this paddle. It was completely unremarkable - which I think means there's nowt wrong with it :)

Never used anything else to compare mind so its a first impression.

HTH.

Chris.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Codshead,

I got a basic paddle chucked in with the P13 and 'thought perhaps I would upgrade later.Having used it last season for paddles around the coast up to 8 miles I will stick with it.You can get carried away with getting 'the best'.Saying that 'though I also regard paddling as a form of exercise and wouldn't necessarily want to make it a lot easier.If you've got the money and just want to get fishing as soon as poss then go for the best you can afford but be prepared for other costs to rear later on as you increase your paddling equipment/clothing.

Good luck Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"