BBC says angling is good!

Tog

BBC news

Could this be the BBC promoting angling as being good?!

They have been covering the EA release that Elton has posted on the radio news all day......

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Looks more like the BBC saying that the EA are saying that angling is good to me.... :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

So far R2 news have covered it 3 times, basicaly word for word and in a 'pro' fashion with no sign of the normal AA contempt.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

So far R2 news have covered it 3 times, basicaly word for word and in a 'pro' fashion with no sign of the normal AA contempt.

Must get a recording!!!

Jeepster - where are you? Are you on the case? :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

to be honest elton i wasn't going to add to this thread, it bores the pants off me to hear people continually accusing the BBC of being anti angling, based on nothing more than the fact they expect them to be.

to be honest elton i wasn't going to add to this thread, it bores the pants off me to hear people continually accusing the BBC of being anti angling, based on nothing more than the fact they expect them to be.

I think it boils down to the fact that they never seem to give much air time to pro-angling matters, yet have run numerous news articles and polls for the antis. This includes their website.

they report the news, when there's a positive angling story, they report it. when there's a negative one, they report it. it's no more complicated than that.

and as i've said before, but won't bother saying again (after this time) the reason there are few angling shows on the BBC is that they simply don't attract enough viewers to make it worthwhile.

they report the news, when there's a positive angling story, they report it. when there's a negative one, they report it. it's no more complicated than that.

It's certainly true that even the big organisations will tend, quite happily, to churn out a well written press release verbatum. That's where those opposed to what we do score points, I think. Journalists, like everyone else on this planet, like an easy life whenever possible :)

that's very true, and in these days of 24 hour news and news webiste, there's a lot more space for press releases etc to be used, so if any news organisation receives a reasonably well written, seemingly relavent press release, they'll at least use it on their website, if not broadcast it