New dedicated kayak fishing website

kishkash

hi all

as some of you'll know i have an interest in the sport. Also an interest in the web presence we have v's the US that we have.

The US sites, as most of you know, and the general uk sea angling sites have a jump on us, but we should do better.

At the moment we have:

- AnglersNet (Elton) a borrowed forum (which works great btw) (btw = by the way)

- anglers afloat (starv)

- NE forum KFUK (andy)

I think we need to pull them together to become a "force"

My skills are WEB - WEB TRAFFIC - STATS - WEBSITE DESIGN - BRANDING - MARKETING - SPONSORSHIP

FYI:

i have bought (and will start to build on):

mykayak.co.uk

myfishingkayak.co.uk

and i'd love to chat to anyone that feels they want to progress stuff...

rich@surfinglife.com

bottomline - we need our own site.

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Good idea, I always like to look at the USA sites, but you must remember that they do have better fishing/weather/ and a lot more time then most of us this side of the pond. But I don,t understand why you have two web sites when you are talking about pulling all the info into one large one. Best of luck terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Kishkash

I'll post a reply to this.. at least you know your threads been read!

By all means setup a new site (you've already bought some domains and I guess you'll go ahead with it anyway!) but please note that KFUK is a UK kayak fishing site & is not exclusive to North East yakkers (hence they use the domain name KayakFishingUK.net). KFUK went live last year at around the time a seperate forum for kayak fishing was introduced at Anglers Net. I think Yakity mentioned that KFUK was set up to compliment this site and that UK yak fishing could have a place where articles could be posted etc.

Please note that there is also a UK yak fishing forum at http://ukswff.proboards26.com/ and also one at http://nwsd.proboards4.com/index.cgi#general - considering the sport is in its infancy in the UK there are already a few sites in place (including www.AnglersAfloat.co.uk which makes 5 so far I think).

Can you elaborate on what you mean by pulling these sites together? I think as it is there is link exchange between these sites with a non competitive aspect between them.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

hi guys

those that ive spoken to will know i have a lot of resect for you guys and the last thing i want to do is put peoples noses out, but maybe it's gonna happen.

what i'd like to do is bring all the great info thats out there (re our sport) and package it in a "proper" format. With the online experience i have i really think we could progress.

im sure richi will vouch for my intentions, im not a rep, im not a website salesman - but having researched the sport i feel that it needs to MOVE in the uk.

and relax.

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Kishkash,

Well done on your enthusiasm and I hope you enjoy your new found hobby when you get out on your first season on a fishing kayak.

To be frank I personally don't see there is a need for what you propose.This forum has been a wealth of information and help.Any queries and if someone on here doesn't know the answer then they direct you to a foreign site that has most likely already dealt with the problem.

The American sites are so good because of the huge number of Yak fisherman over there.They and N.Z,S.Africa have been doing it far longer than it has been popular here.Relatively we are still a small band of enthusiasts.To put up another site would only lead to divide and conquer or it would just sink without a trace.Sorry to put a damper on your idea,

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"