REVELS?

eaglet

Hi Guys,

Me and a buddy are off to Revels, Nr Dorchester at the end of this month for a week (staying on site in a van). Any tips/tactics or updates on the fishery please?

Cheers Eaglet.

Guest Ferret1959
Avoid the orange ones.

This is a thread about chocolates isn't it?

Beat me to it but I'd have said the coffee ones.:D :D

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun. Here's a bit about the fishery!!!

Mainly carp on big baits, although there are tench and bream that will happen along, as well.

Most of the lakes have plenty of weed/rush growth, so you need to gear up sensible.

6lb minimum line, can be hook and haul tactics, strong hooks with paste, meat or corn. Have a walk before deciding where to fish, as the fish show themselves by bubbling.

Really good with maggots for silver fish as well. Loads of perch as well as roach, rudd and skimmers.

Getting the feed right will be the key to it, keep plenty going in to draw the fish, and you will sack up.

Good luck,

Steve

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

Hi Guys,

Me and a buddy are off to Revels, Nr Dorchester at the end of this month for a week (staying on site in a van). Any tips/tactics or updates on the fishery please?

Cheers Eaglet.

hi me and a couple of mates are off there later in the year if you could let me know what the place is like when you get home i would be gratefull.

tight lines

bob

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun. Here's a bit about the fishery!!!

Mainly carp on big baits, although there are tench and bream that will happen along, as well.

Most of the lakes have plenty of weed/rush growth, so you need to gear up sensible.

6lb minimum line, can be hook and haul tactics, strong hooks with paste, meat or corn. Have a walk before deciding where to fish, as the fish show themselves by bubbling.

Really good with maggots for silver fish as well. Loads of perch as well as roach, rudd and skimmers.

Getting the feed right will be the key to it, keep plenty going in to draw the fish, and you will sack up.

Good luck,

Steve

• 3 months later...
hi me and a couple of mates are off there later in the year if you could let me know what the place is like when you get home i would be gratefull.

tight lines

bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry this is such a late reply, just came across your request. If it's not too late, it rained and blew a gale all week. Brollies, well pegged down and foul weather gear all week. We still caught a few but it was mud everywhere and hard work. OK if you got there before the rain started. Vans were very basic and you needed wheels if you were thinking of staying there. Tackle and bait on site. I'd like to try it in warmer, dryer weather. Dave Coster (Angling Times) did an article a few weeks ago and said it was fishing well, as it always does. We just lucked out on the weather.

Good luck.

Eaglet.